Red Headed Woodpecker distress sound

ringtailcoons

I recently recorded a live Red Headed Woodpecker in distress. Here is a 2 minute recording of it. Please feel free to include it on your E-caller and give it a try. If you try it, please let me know how it works for you, because I haven't yet had a chance to test it. Enjoy!

Red Headed Woodpecker Distress

Click Play button to listen to the file.

To download, click Download MP3 above where it says 1.84 MB

That is a excellent sound file thank you very much. Hope the bobcats dont have your email address though cause Im pretty sure they will take a pounding from that one.

Thanks a lot! I decided to give coyote hunting a try, so I bought the Primos lil dog 2 pack with the "speak the language video" Later I also bought the kiyi, cat nip, and a hadel's cottontail call. I've called in 1 coyote with the lil dog, a red fox with the kiyi, and something else with the kiyi (it got too dark by the time the critter came in view) As you can see in one of my other posts, I also decided to make an electric call, but haven't had any luck with it yet. So, I've been trying to pay attention to the possible coyote victims around my area. It seems woodpeckers, squirrels, turkeys, chickens, and cottontails are most likely. When I found this woodpecker, I felt like I'd hit the jackpot, so I recorded him with my cell phone, then tried cutting all background noise out with audacity. If you have any luck with it, please let me know. I'm about to try to build a few sequences for my e-call and use it with my Mojo Critter just before dark to try to coax one in. Now that I have the woodpecker distress, a Mojo Woodpecker is next on my list!

Thanks for the sound file!

I was using a woodpecker distress yesterday and had the crows in the trees all around me looking for that hurting bird. Thought for sure with all those "confidence decoys" something would come in for sure, but it didn't happen.

Back