night hunting bobcats

COYKILL

I want to go out tomarrow night to try for a bobcat and I have a night vision scope and a Flir PS32 thermal imager for spotting them but wondering if it ok to play bird distress sounds at night seeing they don't fly at night. Do they have no logic like a coyote?

ITS NOT that they know its a bird but the fact its a bird sound. Remember that they take much longer to respond than yotes or foxes do so dont get in a hurry when calling them. I have called as long as 45mins knowing that I was in cat country. Be prepared to work them slow and once you get them in the light be careful with movement and remember, they are cats so be patient. Good Luck!

I plan on calling for an hour and I don't have to worry about a light because I have a night vision scope. Thanks for the reply.

I called one thursday night in the dark,it came to coyote vocals.They are not that smart,but they move like sweet honey butter.
I called him back to my caller twice using bird sounds and twice using a mouse,and rabbit sound. It was pitch dark no moon.

Originally Posted By: COYKILLwondering if it ok to play bird distress sounds at night seeing they don't fly at night. Do they have no logic like a coyote?

it's in distress "=" probably not flying anyway.

Bird's are a lot more succeptible at night, specifically the ones nesting on the ground. It's not that the cats have no logic, it's that they hear an easy meal and respond. Bird sounds on my TC diaphragm are what I call 99% of my cats at night in on. Logically, we have no jackrabbits in Virginia but I bet there's been a many predators whacked using Lightning Jack in these parts. Bird distress works wonders on coyotes as well at night, it's what I use for a distress sound on almost all of my stands at night. Works great on foxes too! I think logic goes out the door when the chance for an easy meal arises.

Any high-pitched, face paced distress sound will trigger a cat's attention. Good luck tommorrow night, I would give anything to hunt them with a Flir thermal imager. I've tried them out a few times and they are bad-azz! Let us know how you do and Good Luck!

Bird's are a lot more succeptible at night, specifically the ones nesting on the ground. It's not that the cats have no logic, it's that they hear an easy meal and respond

So true!! Jason has dropped his share of cats.

Jason? Wondering how hard it is to work those TC Diaphragms? Thinking about giving them a try.

Back