first bobcat and new rifle

ccinso

I decided to sneek out this afternoon with my oldest boy and see if I could call something in. We set up in the middle of a big meadow with the river on the north and a slough on the south. called for 15 minutes or so and saw a bunch of black tail doe's comming in all worked up. I said to my son watch this and switched to fawn distress.By now theyre in a trot when all the sudden they started weasing like they had winded us. A few seconds later I see why, they had ran over the top of this female that was sneeking in. When all this had taken place I lost sight of her in the thickets. After an excrusiating 30 minutes she finally came in.
Took her with my new savage axis in 223. With 50 grain nosler bt at 75 yards.
I was pretty impressed with the balistic tips, caliber sized entrance and nickle sized exit and pudding in between. Shot through both shoulders.

IMG-20120101-00014.jpg

IMG-20120101-00011.jpg

thanks
Casey

That's a darn good looking cat man!!! Love the coat. None of mine have ever had that nice dark look to them.

Congrats!!

Congrats to you and your son Casey...sounds like you have a good knowledge of the sounds in the caller that work best in your area!
I have to agree - that is a nice looking coat on that cat!

She is a pretty kitty! I love the contrast of her dark back and her white belly. Congrats! Nice looking rifle too!

That last pic has all the Right Stuff!

A good cat, and the equipment it takes to get 'er done, Nice Job.

You thinking of painting that scope???

Congratulations to you and your son, Casey. That's a really nice 'cat for the west side of the mountains. They are a lot darker than that a lot of times. She looks like she has a nice white belly. Good job! Nice 'cat!

The cat is absolutely beautiful. What a nice specimen. Pretty nice looking rifle too. Thanks so much for posting the pics. I love the bobcats. Still trying to get my first. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Thanks alot guys, It was a pretty good afternoon. anybody have any cool mount pics they want to share? Im looking for Ideas.

little toes- I was kickin it around but havnt talked myself into it yet.

Casey

Back