Full moon

Brownie

Well I'll be heading out this morning for some
Calling. It's been months since I been able to get Out but I've had enough of sittin on my butt at home and start a new job Tuesday so I'm hittin the hills. What's everyone's take on hunting durin a full moon??

Well I just made it back and had nouri connecting. The first set was a blank the second I had two packs howling from
The next ridge over but wouldn't come in. We exchanged howls for a while. I threw a couple challenge howls and still nothing. A little pup distress and nope still no show. Drive a ways for the third stand and hiked about a mile in and blanked that one too. On my way back
To the truck my foot got caught on the barn wire as tripped me I managed to stay on my feet but the crappy plastic buckle on my sling broke and the howa went flying through the air and landed on the shoulder of the road. I picked it up and noticed a couple deep scratches on the scope an said a lot of choice words and drove off. I stopped down the road to check my scope before makin any more stands an couldtn get on paper at 50 yards. Looks like I'll be spending some time at the range.

That's why it's better to just stay in bed after a full moon 'cause nothing good is going to happen.

Sorry you had such a rotten day but they can only get better from here on out right.

Originally Posted By: VanceThat's why it's better to just stay in bed after a full moon 'cause nothing good is going to happen.

Yeah, but it's not a full moon.
lol.gif

Bummer about the rifle. That'll make ya cringe.

Well the stupid weather app on my phone said it was gonna be a full moon I didn't see it this Morning but either way I didn't matter i was up at 5:30 and headed out. Shoulda stayed in bed

FB this winter sucks for us too it's been in the high 40s low 50s and wee only had a few days of rain. It was cold a couple weeks ago but no snow. Winters looking pretty sad over here but I'm hoping things. Hangs for the better

Read your post and thought i would go give it a try , 1:00 P.M. or so after three minutes on the first stand this big dominant male came charging in to the FoxPro .
Shot him and realized i had left my camera at home so i had to put him on the spare tire carrier and get the photo . I think you just need a little training .This male was HEAVY . No scale , I need to buy one it wa all i could do to hold him up for the picture .
P1010010.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Back