Birth of the next production howler (pics)

lol.gif

Really BOB.............According to sum other call manufacturers a horned call, or sum manufacturers call it putting a BELL on the call in the coyote hunting sum manufacturers say there calls reach 1-2 miles away, a coyote can hear there call and respond to it with a howl. sum other resources say a coyotes can hear a howl up to 5 miles away. i see alot of people calling in open areas here that are farther yet by there pics. i have talk to a few other call manufacturers and bought lots of there calls and called in geese from ranges you will not believe. i do not know whats so funny about the distance i talked about. sum people hunt sum don't. i guess coyotes ears can't hear pass a humans ear. sum people think. sum people just don't respect other peoples opions, i guess.

I for one don't believe EVERYTHING THAT I HEAR OR READ.....lmao.

Bob.17, how or why would he mention that about picking up a coyote from 2-3 miles away? If he did that everyone would want there money back because they didn't call one in. Pretty crazy IMHO.

As far as your "some guys hunt and some don't", just exactly how much hunting is actual hunting? One day a week, one day a month, or one day a year? I know that SHampton hunts more in a week than I do in a month, so either I need to go work with him, or maybe I need another job so I could "fit" into your expectations?

Originally Posted By: SHamptonHow long did you test it out amused me too. And yes BOB, I kill a few.

We need to kill a few more there teammate...LOL

It's pretty obvious pretty quickly who does the killing and who does the talking here.

Tony kills a few also, so, sorry for jacking your thread Tony. Least we're keeping you at the top...

All gunners, i apolize to all of you. Coyotes cannot listen to anything farther than you can. i guess that 1-3 mile distance isnot right. If a Coyote can hear a howl from 1-3 miles away it would be a miracle.
smile.gif

Bob, Sorry, I am not disputing the fact that a coyote can, could, would and do hear coyote howls from that far away but it is hard to gurantee them claims when trying to market a call.

Tony makes great calls and I have several of them on my lanyard. In fact the howler that I use the most and that hangs at the bottom of my lanyard is his Cedar River Holwer.

I have, from personal experience, called in a coyote from over a mile away just using a distress call. The way that "I" use my howler is merely as a coyote locater. I howl they answer, then I cut the distance in half if possible and try to call them in or let my dog decoy them in.

I hope this will clear up any confusion

Coyotes can hear a howler and respond from 1-3 miles...no problem. I do it all the time here. Of course, I call in some seriously wide open country. We've been getting vocal responses on 95% of our stands this week...day and night. Getting coyotes to commit the the howler is a totally different issue. I think what you are asking is, if the the howler is loud. Yes..it is. Field testing....you bet ya. I field test all my calls, before I ever send them to the molding company for replication. On little cow horn tip called up 300 coyotes, before my buddies convinced me to send it to be molded.

I haven't sent the howler off yet, to be molded. The molder is up to his neck in orders, including my standing order for my production line. Gives me more time to put some more fur down with this howler.
smile.gif

Thanks...Tony

It's been at the molding company, awaiting to get molded and send me prototypes. They were swamped with turkey call orders, but I'll push them to get me some of these built. Believe me, I want one on my lanyard....now!
smile.gif

Will keep yall posted.

Thanks...Tony

Hey, hey, hey!!!! I took a break from guiding, after lunch, and look what was waiting in my mailbox...

The first two prototype production howlers!!!!

howlerprotos1.jpg

howlerprotos2.jpg

I cut reeds for them and they sound perfect! Loud, crisp, and very responsive. I believe I may have just built the easiest to blow howler on the market...hands down. Even easier than my Cedar River Howler from a few years ago.

I need to talk to see if he is ready to start production on them and get my cost. These will be available, real soon!

Thanks...Tony

Tony, considering the volume and tone of your little LSB call, I can only imagine how good these new howlers will sound. Keep up the good work. As for the question of how far away a coyote can hear a howler, it would naturally depend a lot on whether he was downwind from the howler. It is hard tell how far they could hear a loud howler downwind. Whether or not you can hear them howl back is another issue altogether.

Tony, would you mind telling us how the reed is held in place?is it just the rubber band or does it fit into the call itself. i worry about losing it.
don

Back