Re: What are the tricks for fall coyote hunting?

Jason El Paso

Welcome to Predator Masters Snowbound.
Well I have never been to the Dakota's before and I have no idea how the area you hunt looks like.
My area will be cooling off real nice and the yotes will be ready to be called in and a little hungry too. I can say get you best camo, your #1 longgun and best load, your caller and your partner go find a nice area and start calling in some yotes.

------------------
yotewalk.gif

Jason's Gun Room
Quality Custom Gunsmithing http://predatormasters.com/jasongunroom.html

Snowbound welcome , just start reading all the diffrent headings , and you will pick up alot . or go to the archives , and search for the topic you are looking for . Its not that we dont want to help you , But to start from scratch , would be a long laborious task . If you ask detailed questions , some of the guys will be SURE to help . again welcome, Jerry .

Well, thanks for the welcome. There is a sheep rancher that was having problems last year, but we only hunted near there in the winter. Do the coyotes tend to stay away from big game in the fall because of a more plentiful source of smaller prey, or not?

You all take it easy out there!

Welcome SnowBound,for me there haven't been to many tricks to calling Fall coyotes.If you have a good number of coyotes in your area and you make 10 or so stands in a morning of calling,you should be able to shoot a few coyotes with just a distress call.But by winter time you will need to reach into the bag of tricks.Once the dumb ones are dead and the smart ones have wised up,Howling mixed in with the distress calls,and changing to distress sounds they haven't heard as much will increase your success in winter.As far as the problem with the livestock is concerned,unless you are experienced in calling problem coyotes,it can be very challenging and frustrating calling these coyotes.Hope that is of some help.GOOD HUNTING

Back