Turbo Dogg sound issues??

patncor

I just bought a turbo dogg ecaller a few days ago and decided to add 5 new sounds to it so I read all the info for doing so except the sounds showed up with (no name) so I thought I would remove them and edit the name in differently. After removing my files I discovered that ALL THE FILES in the predator catagories came with them ARGH! Now I cant seem to import the Primos sounds back. You would think all original sounds would be encrypted so they couldn't be removed easily? After all its the Proprietary sounds that make it a "PRIMOS Turbo DOGG" and not just a $150.00 remote mp3 player. Man am I PO'd. What to do now? It seems Primos already knows of the NO NAME problem and have no simple fix for it.

Thanks NYyk After I calmed down I realized that just about all ecall manufacturers are having issues with their products in one way or another new units and old. Its just harder to deal with when I'm the one having to deal with the call problem.

There is also the 1.3 version for the newest updates for the TD as of the 20th. I just upgraded my pals and its tons faster and the screen now scrolls as well as other goodies. He now has about 200 sounds on it. We have had no issues with adding or changing sounds and naming them.

OK so today I called CS at primos, got directed to zendesk as mentioned by 5spd then got the updates downloaded. Very easy to this point but for some reason I had a hard time completing the update install (Most likely ME) I tried a couple more times then SHEZAM all worked great and the remote updated and synced in less than an hour. Now I will try to reinstall my sounds like before. I really do like this caller package though I have not put it through any tests as yet. I will try to keep up with the current Turbo Dogg discussions on PM to stay in the loop on any other developments. Now I need to find some mountain lion and bobcat sounds to load on here.

The V1.3 directions are not absolutely step by step correct. For example, I never got the 3-5 seconds of a red blinking power LED on my speaker after uploading the .UPD files to it. But it still updated just fine. If you were going by the book, some of these inconsistencies may lead you to think the update didn't take.

Originally Posted By: patncorI just bought a turbo dogg ecaller a few days ago and decided to add 5 new sounds to it so I read all the info for doing so except the sounds showed up with (no name) so I thought I would remove them and edit the name in differently. After removing my files I discovered that ALL THE FILES in the predator catagories came with them ARGH! Now I cant seem to import the Primos sounds back. You would think all original sounds would be encrypted so they couldn't be removed easily? After all its the Proprietary sounds that make it a "PRIMOS Turbo DOGG" and not just a $150.00 remote mp3 player. Man am I PO'd. What to do now? It seems Primos already knows of the NO NAME problem and have no simple fix for it.

If you had the alpha dogg, I would send you the files by email. I backed up all the files on the speaker unit to my PC and a thumb drive. Since the remote gets updated from the speaker unit, I should be good if I delete something accidently when adding custom mp3 files.

A future firmware update is supposed to fix this issue. Basically .mp3 files have multiple identifier fields that are empty on the files we use for e-calls.

Since it is not included on the v1.3 update, here's the Primos temporary workaround for adding new files (It is pretty simple to do if you mess with PCs at all) Primos will help if you are not comfortable.

Please follow these instructions to resolve the NO NAME sound issue:

1.Make a new folder on the Turbo Dogg via USB and copy your new sounds to this folder.
2.Right click on the ADDED files ON the Turbo / Alpha Dogg (one at a time....there is no way around this, sorry) and select PROPERTIES at the bottom of the menu. DO NOT EDIT ANY FIELDS IN THE SOUND FILES THAT CAME WITH YOUR TURBO OR ALPHA DOGG.
3.Select the SUMMARY tab.
4.Select the ADVANCED button.
5.Under the MUSIC section select and delet the ARTIST, ALBUM TITLE, YEAR, TRACK NUMBER, GENRE, and LYRICS fields and delete any text that is in those fields (these fields MUST be blank).
6.Under DESCRIPTION, delete any text in the COMMENTS field and make SURE the TITLE field has some title in it or NO NAME will also display on the remote. We suggest that this TITLE be limited to 18 characters so it fully fits on the remote display screen.
7.Click APPLY then OK.
8.Do the above for each sound file you have added to the Turbo / Alpha Dogg device.
9.Unplug the Speaker unit from the USB, power down both the speaker unit and remote.
10.Turn them back on and they will SYNCHRONIZE.
All the sounds should now be available with proper names. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact Primos Customer Support.

Last edited:
Is there a book out for DUMMIES so they follow directions written for dummies? Boy I need that one. Even though I have seen all the comments here and the fix it files on zendesk I still try to create my own short cuts that lead me over a cliff, at those times I wish my concience had a big cast iron pan handy. Once again I tried to install my sounds without following the very clear directions from primos and was promptly set down on my butt to take a stern talking to by the SPEAKER unit. I think the words were
HELLO OUT THERE DUMMIE GET A CLUE!! OK, OK I will this time. The process really was VERY simple I was able to create the "NEW FILE" in my computor music file, copy the sound files to it, modify and delete the required fields, Then COPY that entire folder to the primos removable drive. in one case I forgot to enter a title for one file so I just went back to it on speaker file and entered the title. ALL is well now. I can now go in to that folder and place each call in whatever sub folder it belongs to ie., bobcat, racoon, bird sounds ect., ect.,..... Tou can olso creat the new file in the primos speaker file as the directions state but doing it before hand worked for me.

Yea 5spd I ended up talking to Primos, they said either send it back in or return to cabelas..So I drove 2.5 hours to the nearest cabelas, returned the old one and got a new one..Got home and decided Id try it again..this time it worked and I LOVE it!Thanks for your help!

well I had a weekend of calling planned so I REALLY wanted to try this thing out, Primos said sending it back would take 1-2 weeks to get my new one..Instead it took 40 bucks in gas and 4 hours..But hey Cabelas did give me some FREE batteries valued at about 10 bucks lol. Oh well

Back