Nikon coyote special scope,,,, any good???

I was a nonbeliever at first...now I have two of them. Sighting in was difficult at first then someone put me on to those 3inch orange circular targets. At 14 power and a 100 yards, the circle lines up perfect and you can get a decent group and aim point.

If you are going to be using it for small game or shooting cans and bottles, I dont recommend the coyote special.

The scope is great for quick target acquisition on predator sized animals. However, some people just cant get used to the circles.

Once you center up a dog on the run and make the shot, you will be a believer just like me.

I like them for predator hunting...might even try it on deer next year.

I purchased 3 of them for my boys a couple years ago. They are good scopes for the $$ if ya can get used to the circles. And I purchased a Leupold Mark AR w/mil-dot this year. For the same price I would go with the Leuplod if I had it to do over again. Plus the resale on the Leupold is better than the Nikon if ya decide you don't like it...

I had one on a tikka .223 and it was ok. could never really get the precise poi like crosshairs but with the 55g vmax the bdc was pretty dang on. milk jugs at 400 yards were not safe from the coyote special. i think with practice and range time a person could do pretty darn good with it. i personaly would rather have crosshairs but the scope does work for what it was desinged to do.

I have one on my R15. It's not a target scope, but that being said any target with circular rings makes it easy to get a good line up.

I don't have a hard time lining up the imaginary lines in the center of the circle.

My brother in law has two and likes them. I have the Nikon Pro staff with BDC reticle. The diff between the two is mine still has the cross hair then the circles below that which I like better. The Coyote Special has a circle where the cross hair should be. Mine is half the price of the Coyote Special and I even Like it better.Either way they are really nice scopes.
Daryl P.

Originally Posted By: Ernest IIMy brother in law has two and likes them. I have the Nikon Pro staff with BDC reticle. The diff between the two is mine still has the cross hair then the circles below that which I like better. The Coyote Special has a circle where the cross hair should be. Mine is half the price of the Coyote Special and I even Like it better.Either way they are really nice scopes.
Daryl P.

I have a 3x9x40 Pro Staff with the BDC on the way for my .17 HMR. I think I'm going to like it a lot, and Nikon's Spot On software is a nice tool to have with the BDC scopes. It's not the rimfire scope; standard 3x9x40 because the price was too good to pass up.

People get mad when they can't shoot groups with them. I say why did you buy a hunting scope to shoot groups. As far as practical use, I have shot a few with it. Aiming comes intuitive to me, some other struggle. Good glass and features for the money. If you can deal with the circles go for it.

I'm with Shampton and ErnestII, I have a NIKON BDC and like the fact that is has the regular crosshairs and then the circles, I've never used the coyote special on a gun, but I've looked through it several times and just caint get used to just having the circles and no cross hair as a point of center.

When I first bought mine (4.5x14) I thought "how I am I ever gonna site this in! Luckily the target that I had, had five targets, one on each corner and one in the middle. When I put the scope on it at 200yards it would cut each of the corner targets with the circle. When all the corner target views were equil I would squeeze the trigger. I got an inch group at 200yards! Since I have been using it on coyotes it hasn't let me down! The circle is the death zone! I am not worth puppy poo on a moving target YET!

Back