First kill with the new 22 Hornet

burris

Went calling at the ranch on Monday night and called up this gorgeous grey. He came into baby cottontail at the three minute mark. Shot him at 142yds (ranged the next day) he was DRT. Shot with my new CZ 22 Hornet using a Sierra 40gr HP over 13.0GR of little gun and a CCI small pistol primer. Scope is a Burris FFII 4.5-14X40AO and is a great combo for my type of hunting.

Bullet performance was excellent, could not find the enterance and just over a nickle sized exit! He sounded like a half enpty water bottle when I picked him up. He is going to the taxidermist later this week and will have the hide tanned.

I sure love that Hornet, what a tackdriver!

FOX003.jpg

FOX006.jpg

FOX008.jpg

You are going to be reaching for that Hornet more than you ever had expected! It is a pleasure to shoot & more gun than most give it credit for. Congratulations on it's 1st kill.
thumbup.gif

Big beautiful grey, nice rifle, good load, and great cartridge.....As for bullets look at the 40gr V-max...it is the Hornet "grail", IMO.....

PLOTBOSS

really nice ,As mr243 says wish we had some grays too.caught one about 20 years ago and never seen another.Must have been the last one.

WOW! What a beautiful animal. I'd consider a full mount on that one (I don't mind spending your money at all!). Oh yhea, for God's sake man, could you get some camo on that gun, Krylon or something, you're not going to be able to kill anything with that sticking out like it does!
tt2.gif
Really nice man, post some pics of the hide when the taxi is done...

How do you like that fullfield ll i've got one on my 243,and love it, thinking about another one for a 204 i just bought but can't decide between that and a vortex viper pst

Back