BSA Platinum 6-24x44 TS any good??

YWHIC

I have an 18" DPMS MK12 SS 556/223 barrel coming in for a new AR build and will be running a Troy 15" FF tube on it..

Anyone use the PSA Platinum 6-24x44 on there 223/556 Cal. AR15 variants??

I know the Platinum reviews better than the Contender models..

I was thinking for say 100-350 yards this may work well..

Other option is Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40 DOA 600 (which I have used before)..

Trying to stay sub-$125 on glass for this..

I had a Nikon 4-12x40 Mil-Dot on my DPMS LR-308 but sold it like an idiot after I sold the rifle..

I would take the Bushnell over the BSA scope. I have only looked through a couple BSA scopes and didnt like them. You can find better.

I found out Bushnell has a $30 rebate on there Trophy line..

I grabbed up the Trophy XLT 3-9x40 w/600 DOA reticle.

was $130 before rebate with free shipping.

I had one prior.. so this should be GTG..

On the prior one the DOA reticle was pretty accurate upto 300 or so when running on my AR in 762/308.

My normal range is 200 yards..

Reading the literature for it says the 600DOA is cal'd for normal 55gr 223 ammo (and some other fast ammo).

My Savage .223 (now 6x45) has been wearing a BSA platnum 6-24x44 target scope since 1986 when I got it new. Never a single problem & its been in mud/snow/misting rain/100* sun/dropped banged and still keep on ticking.
Best scope I have owned to date, clarity is super, tracks perfectly thats why I have 2 other BSA target scopes also....yup own a Nikon & others.

YWHIC, Might want to visit www.natchezss.com and do a search for BSA Platinum....might find your scope for $60 or $70, depending on reticle. Seems other sites selling this scope for around $110 plus, when I checked prices about 10 days ago.

Just got a 8-32x44 platinum for Xmas from Natchez and tried it today on a 6.5x55 rifle. Has decent glass, tracked OK for me, but all adjustment were on stiff side. Time will tell on it holding zero and etc.

Oh, forgot to mention the BSA Majestic DX scope introduced early this year...in ballpark of your budget. Not much on internet about this scope as far as comments, reviews and etc. Have the DX 6-24x44. It has decent glass at all powers and unlike the Platinum, its a side focus with fast focus rear lens. If interested, check Grafs for it and then compare prices elsewhere. Grafs should have lowest prices on the Majestic DX series. Leastways, this is what I found when shopping around for it. By the way, now own three of this scope...no problems with any of them and all on centerfire rifles.

I bought the Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40 with 600DOA reticle.. should be in by weekend.. was $130 and then a $30 rebate..

The DOA has 17" (at specified ranges) so I can figure out the distance based on that out to 500 yards with it.. (I had one before in 4-12 but sold it like an idiot). supposed to be for buck antlers but I'm sure other things have about 17" torso as well.
wink.gif

Thanks for the responses.. I'll do a small write up when I get it in..

Back