Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#2090558 - 12/29/11 08:31 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: 220_Swift]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

Loc: Indiana
thanks for the help its appreciated wink.....BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

#2090602 - 12/29/11 09:16 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

heres a pic of my BANG BANGS!!!!!!!!!!! thumbupalso i did the camo on the carbon Bushmaster myself..........also some of the the fox i had trapped 2009/2010 and had put on a PB account. i guess i didnt realize they all used the same photo upload process. thanks again for the help.

p.s. if i can find the photos of the yotes with the toes and front foot missing ill put them up. i know these are trapping photo but im not making two threads and just wanted to share as i know i like pics and so do others. thx.

#2090620 - 12/29/11 09:43 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
grt56 Offline

Loc: GREENWOOD, INDIANA
Cool stuff there. I live in Greenwood and have been reviewing this site for the past year and have learner a lot.

I have slowly geared up and used the time to scout areas available to me and have noted many a hotel sign even got within 30 yards of one......LOL

Contact me,grab some Java at 4 seasons on the southside and chat.

GARY

#2090624 - 12/29/11 09:47 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: grt56]
grt56 Offline

Loc: GREENWOOD, INDIANA
Cant type worth a [beeep] meant coyote not hotel,,.........LOL

#2091804 - 12/30/11 09:55 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

tried things a bit different yesterday as i got to the woods about 2 in the afternoon but i only planned to night hunt with all the daytime guys that were already there........so i scouted around and made plans to do my first stand in my tree stand and then when it got dark i would know where to walk in at and what i would be calling into after reviewing it beforehand during the day. heres some of my gear on the back of the truck.......

I also went to Gander and traded in my Gander Mountain shooting Bi-Pod due to its manual adjusting constraints even though i havent used it yet for shooting i can tell it would be tough to use in close quarters. so traded it back in and i got a Primos Trigger Stick and i was torn at first whether to get the single leg or bi-pod leg unit due to noise and adjusting for the shot.

well when i got to Gander and got to reviewing the units and i noticed when the Bi-Pod had the lower leg strap on with the legs bound together the unit would still work like a single leg unit and then when in bi-pod mode utilizing bothe legs it would angle adjust or whatever you needed easily with both legs free everytime you pulled the trigger so i got the bi-pod unit and couldnt be happier.

well the first stand was at these RR tracks with the tree stand...i waited until the sun was completely gone due to it being in my face at this point as well as the wind......after it got dark i finally started calling and after about 10 minutes i see eyes about 40 yards directly in front of me while playing mouse squeaks after some invitation howls and getting some return howls.....i thought wow they came.....well after about 10 minutes of switching it up he never moved far enough out of the brush to confirm the animal...then i realized after about 15 minutes that i was calling to a reflector that looked exactly like the eye of a predator with a side view....hahahahahahaha after i got down i confirmed the reflector and laughted at myself all the way back to the truck. these pics were fromn the ground directly in front of the tree i went up.

the next stand was in some open fields with waist high brush to my left and behind the brush pile. i got up on the brush pile clump and cleared a spot for sitting and getting up on it so when i came back in the dark it would be easier to get settled. nothing came but a siren went off while i was on stand and i could hear two sets of dogs. one directly to me left probably 1/2 to 3/4 mile and one to my left but further west from my position a mmile or better. called a while longer but nothing came. then after i get back to the truck another truck goes by and no sooner than it does a pack goes off right exactly where i had just been calling at this tree clump....im not sure if the dogs came after i left or had been there the entire time and waited until i left....dont know the answer to that....here is what it looked like in the daylight. the first pic is the brush pile i was up on wind directly in my face. next couple pics was the view from the pile.

this first pic is another stand i want to make.....if i was to walk directly towards the brush u see in the middle i could call out into the woods to the left in the pic. the other is just a small lake that hopefully freezes up before long and we get some snow as i think this would make a great spot once that water is turned into a snow field.

either way im still trying and probably headin back out.....guess we shall see how it goes.

REDNECK REID

Edited by REID2168 (12/30/11 10:01 AM)

#2091816 - 12/30/11 10:08 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
HardwickN Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Indiana/ Germany/Idaho
Redneck. my dad has called atterbury so many time and has no such luck. we both have had the same experience. call hear them and nothing. come back to the same spot a half hour later and dog tracks. I think the dogs down there are way educated.

He lives in new whiteland and I am currently stationed in oklahoma so dont get to hunt much at atterbury any more. well good luck

#2091826 - 12/30/11 10:18 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

yeah my EXACT experience last night BUT i also believe its like another gentlemen stated about public land hunting in the fact that a guy needs to get inside the woods a bit because the dogs are just venturing 20 to 30 feet from the egde. the reason i believe this whole hardily is because the two i called a few days ago when i first took the tree stand out did exaclty that and stayed 20 feet from the trail opeining watching the e-caller.

i was just hoping with some cover brush and woods edge and night time that i could get some to move in just out of the woods....it may not be possible at all or at least until it gets much colder and some snow..i do have to agree that these dogs have most likely seen and heard it all......thanks for the post and info.

REDNECK REID

Edited by REID2168 (12/30/11 10:20 AM)

#2091881 - 12/30/11 11:11 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
Bob .17 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: EL
Hello Hoosier gunner, Welcome to the forum. i use to live in indiana too, until i was 21years old. you should have lots of coyotes there with all that farm land there. sounds like they are very friendly. for getting so close. have fun knocking them down...

http://dinosaurs.about.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/deinosuchus

The Frozen Truth
search area type in there names.

#2091900 - 12/30/11 11:22 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: Bob .17]
Rubenator Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland,Il.
Camo job on the AR looks good. Be careful hunting around those RR tracks, they will bust your azz if caught.

#2091948 - 12/30/11 11:56 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

it may not look it from the pics but the tracks are abandonded. i assumed due to being abandoned it was legal...maybe im wrong..... i did ponder the fact i wasnt going to shoot if the animals were by the tracks in case of a richochet. thanks for the info either way.

REDNECK REID

#2091980 - 12/30/11 12:20 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

i wanted to ask before i leave so i can get some responses while im gone....i was curious what brand of scent removal others were using. since i live alone i have been doing EVERY load of laundry with Scent Away since i started hunting so i dont smell my washer and dryer up between loads and have to go back and forth between regular and hunting clothes. i also use the body wash etc etc.

i use either Bobcat or Fox urine on my boots...i figure neither are as intimidating to most other predators and im using it for a cover not an attractor obviously.

just curious what others are doing for scent control or what ideas out of the norm you may be implimenting. thanks in advance for any responses. im out time to hit it again. wink

REDNECK REID

#2092169 - 12/30/11 03:50 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
Rubenator Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Oakland,Il.
In my opinion, your simply not going to fool a coyotes nose. Your just going to have to play the wind in your favor. Besides, how are you going to cover up the oils , and cleaner you used on your gun?

#2092189 - 12/30/11 04:14 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
Lonnie Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Stillwater, OK USA
Sounds like you are having fun Redneck! Glad you are getting some in. Keep after them. You'll make it happen.

#2092363 - 12/30/11 07:00 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
PLOTBOSS Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Missouri
Not to highjack your thread but are there allot of red foxes out that way? I'll be headed 50 mi east of Indy to work for the rest of the winter. Would love to call a few reds this winter, we don't have many here.

PLOTBOSS

#2092680 - 12/30/11 10:20 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: Rubenator]
REID2168 Online
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: Rubenator
In my opinion, your simply not going to fool a coyotes nose. Your just going to have to play the wind in your favor. Besides, how are you going to cover up the oils , and cleaner you used on your gun?

im not saying im going to entirely eliminate my scent cone im just trying to reduce it as much as possible....thanks.

REDNECK REID

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.