Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#3175277 - 12/03/18 08:50 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Indiana
the trapline has been a mess for about a week with the weather snow to rain scenario......ive had action with a opossum that set off the sea shell set but got lucky a rock stopped the jaws.....then a small this years coon we caught & then let go a day after that......then the next day we had a visitor at three sets that tore them up after I had set off the foot holds in the wet weather....well Saturday was a wash out so yesterday I got up did a brake job on my grandmas car then we hit the trapline for those repairs.....today we had #14 when we did our check....forgot the cell so it was just an after the fact photo shoot...….time to go find some pheasants after two days in the house...….BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0248 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3175347 - 12/03/18 03:44 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

just like Samuel Jacksons wallet in Pulp Fiction my dogs collar should say BAD M$#%#^ F%#$# tt2 …..15 minutes into the first field in the drizzle Super Girl puts a rooster in the air we take with one shot......we then take a 30 minute walk thru a path in the woods we hadn't been on...…...after that we get back out into the tall grass field and I take her down another lane...…..we get 10 feet into it & she goes hot so I just stop & the second she starts back towards me a hen comes off the ground between us I let fly...…..we walk another 40 feet and shes still hot so I stop again.....this time she flushes a rooster about 15 yards with a giant sticker bush between me and the bird...…...the first shot thru the stickers not even a feather...…..then as soon as im ready to unload round 2 as its clearing the heavy brush rooster #2 leaves the ground less then 10 yards in front of me...…..im still on the other bird and pull the trigger not even close as that bird startled me...…..so now I turn back to the one that's just left the ground and down him with the last load in the gun...…...50 minutes 30 walking in the woods and we had our limit of 2...they were holding tight today with the drizzly/rainy weather for sure…….get back to the truck get some coyote ammo to try some sets...…..walk out about 100 yards on the other side and she puts another rooster in the air for a total of 5 birds for the day...….it kept drizzling on us the whole time so we came home early to rest up for tomorrow......BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0251 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0253 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0266 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (12/03/18 03:53 PM)

#3175648 - 12/05/18 07:45 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

well Super Girl hunted her rear off yesterday......she put three birds in the air but we could only shoot at one and got it...….it was a tougher day due to the other hunters getting in the field first BUT it was still another great day out...….BANG BANG!! thumbup1

IMG_0290 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (12/05/18 07:50 AM)

#3175864 - 12/05/18 10:13 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

went to larger woods today that i been waiting all season for them to close this gate......they do it right after the slug slingers wrap up gun season so it was most likely shut two days ago......so we walked out about 3/4 of a mile maybe more to this cut thru....in the second pic the wind was in our face and to the left.....we were facing to the west just like the pic so the wind was from the northwest & the caller was out in front of us down the lane about 50 yards.....we called rabbit for 10 minutes then I made a couple howls with my howler & let my dog walk out a bit...….she goes over the hill to the right messes around comes back & stands behind me...….I then start up a fox distress & I just went with the first one which I didn't know was gray fox distress but it was.....about 3 minutes later this gray fox comes from the exact spot my dog just came back from......first thing I think when I see it is we called a cat......he turns to leave as I stand and as the cat looks back he turns into a grey fox...…..as soon as he sees im not what hes looking for he starts to run & I light him up with the Benelli at less then 8 yards......Super Girl gets in and gets a mouth full of fur & its over......I think im gonna have this guy done up in some sort of mount...…...GREAT DAY OUT...…..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0296 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0301 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0300 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (12/05/18 11:56 PM)

#3175950 - 12/06/18 11:15 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

well yesterday I thought I seen a cat & today I actually did...…..my dog treed a small wild cat while doing our check this morning.....the digger coyote I thought we caught two days ago wasn't the digger...….now the coyote along with that cat is getting on the logs to get at my bait from the back & also the coyote made another dig spot in the leaves as well...…..now that he seen those set off traps for two days this one could be a challenge......also had fresh coyote tracks right out back in the snow in the patch of woods right behind my house this morning even after taking 14 coyotes so far they are still running my back yard & traps...…..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0314 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0311 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0308 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0312 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3176214 - 12/07/18 10:03 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

went out yesterday before dark parked in a spot I did a few weeks ago got ready closed my door looked down and BAMMMMM tt1 ...….buried in the grass ran over & probably by me when I dropped it two weeks ago was my closed reed Carver distress call...still works & not broke so YESSSSS thumbup ….we also had this coon this morning...BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0315 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0317 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3179279 - 12/19/18 11:39 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

Super Girl has been sick for the last 10 days for the first time ever...…..she FINALLY came out of it two days ago so we went hunting tonight for the first time in 10 days.....got out into a field and close to where we were gonna call BUT my dog took off across this corn field wind in her face so I let her go...….I stand around scanning for a few minutes then decide my dogs been out of sight for to long and start to squeak her back,,,,,,she doesn't come for two minutes or so so then I start to whistle her back......she still doesn't come for another two minutes......I stop for a few and then can hear her shake her head flapping her ears but still cant see her across the field......about 30 seconds later she comes out of the tall grass about 150 yards plus minimum and I think good deal there she is......I scan back behind her after she get about 40 yards towards me and see another set of eyes at the edge of the field...…..she keeps coming across the field I shut down my head lamp & light the gun light on FULL BLAST & know im gonna see it or spook it.....get the gun light on the coyote & it comes out into field about 5 yards following my dogs trail and standing free hand i sling lead.....my dog heads back across the field and within 45 seconds probably less shes baying the coyote in 6 ft tall grass.....I get across the field & she gets the coyote chased about 40 yards thru the tall grass back into the corn field and I finished it...….not the best first shot BUT it was free hand at 150+ yards in the dark.....again Super Girl saves the day fresh off the sick bed...…we called another coyote right up behind us on the next stand with hand call doing howls but this time she chased it & started barking and right when I seen his eyes he turned & was gone....GREAT NIGHT OUT & didn't even light the Foxpro..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0356 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3182545 - 01/02/19 10:28 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

missed a coyote free hand with the Remy 223 the Friday night before Christmas as I caught it on the way back to the truck standing in the trail we had walked out..…..had to shoot thru some weeds so it may have been deflected but I missed that one at about 75 yards...….the next day Saturday I seen a grey fox run out in front of us on a grassy trail while we were walking out to call...…..lit the Benelli and thru lead but it was a no go and missed at about 45 yards.....went out last night and called one up in a corn field about 200 out but he didn't like it and as soon as I seen him and moved the gun on him he left as quick as I seen him...…..made another set on the way back out and as we walked north I caught two coyotes about 300+ yards away and 100+ on the other side coming straight south towards us.....I immediately drop in the grass next to the field get the shooting sticks and call out...…..i hit rabbit and scan out and they are both closer but behind a knoll in the field & the one looks right towards me then puts his head down and I know hes coming with the other one in tow...….I get my gun and light shinging just past the knoll in the field and he walks right into the light trotting about 110 yards out…...i lead him and let lead loose & hear the whop as he falls....I stand looking to play double down and try to free hand the other over the knoll.....I cant see it and after I scan back I think I see my coyote leaving BUT now cant see my dog so I cant shoot at anything for safety...…long story short me and my dog chase this coyote 300+ yards thru stuff we shouldn't have and had to leave it due to vision and density of the brush......it bothered me all night so today we went to look for it.....walked my dog in this thick stuff right where I brought her out last night and in 20 seconds shes got the coyote found and I finally see it only 20 feet away & still barely could find it in the daylight in this thick stuff and then I finished it with the Benelli...…when I first got to it I didn't think it was the one I shot but then see the hole in and it was perfect right behind its shoulder BUT about two inches low IMO with a pencil hole in quarter out the other side BUT still must have missed vitals and I couldn't believe it was still alive let alone able to get on its feet and still where we left it last night....absolutely WILD to say the least..we definately get an E+ for EFFORT on this one...….BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0390 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0391 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (01/02/19 10:55 PM)

#3190906 - 02/05/19 11:19 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

called a few coyotes last few weeks only got a shot at three of which two were free hand misses...….also walked up on a few and only shot at one which was one of those free hand misses.....last Friday I called a GIANT bobcat during the day it was pretty awesome thumbup ......shot the coyote in the pic below Saturday night less then one minute in at 120 yards DRT...…..called another coyote Sunday night that came in and left twice within 5 minutes......sent my dog out she brought him back in 5 minutes......then while im trying to get her behind the gun to shoot shes less then 1 foot from where I want her I get impatient & jerk the back of her vest & right into the shooting sticks so the gun lowers to the ground thumbdown ......I take my hand off the dog & I grab my gun im still holding to my shoulder still on the sticks just pointed at the ground now & i stand & let a free hand go and miss at 100+.....my dog goes out again & runs the field & I should have stayed put BUT I walked out as well......after I see no blood & another 5 minutes the coyote starts up yipping & barking & is again trailing my dog back towards me because he keeps getting louder & louder as I squeak her back from the other end of the field.....only now im out standing where the coyote just was when I just tried to shoot him...….I walk back to my seat set down and my dog comes back & the coyote goes ballistic for about two more minutes inside the brush but wouldn't come out again into the field and im sure smelt me as well by then....also seen this fox standing at the main DNR station right across from the main entry to the army training area tt2 ...…...GREAT few weeks & especially the last few days out for sure...….BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0476 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0429 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (02/05/19 11:58 AM)

#3192984 - 02/15/19 11:59 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

last several days its been coons coons and more coons with some opposums...…..she has either treed or trailed and caught in a corn field 13 coons in 5 outings...…..even had an additional 3 pack come out into a field about 200+ out I thought were coyotes at first BUT were 3 more coons on a set she didn't even see.....the first is a vid of a confrontation Super Girl had with 1 of 2 coons she caught out in daylight hours...….last night she runs into the bushes and im standing there light out waiting...next thing I know I see my dog running at me and she gets closer its a BIG coon that if I would not have said HEY would have ran over my feet...….he scurys off and I then hear my dog fighting with another coon she then trees...….coon season is over I wouldn't have shot them anyway…..doesn't even count the opposums……..we got two coyotes to answer howls about 400 yards out in two spots........one came to within 30 yards barked then howled at us & my dog barked and went to the edge of the brush but she didnt go in for whatever reason & he wouldn't come out of the brush in view...I wished at that point I would have used the ecaller I had set away from us BUT I had used my hand call to howl and he came right to us......BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

this first one is a vid after I called my dog off this coon she caught on the ground...u can hear my dogs jaws slam shut as she lunges for him at the tree....TRUCE OVER tt2
IMG_0511 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0497 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0504 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (02/15/19 12:27 PM)

#3209049 - 08/01/19 05:13 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

hope everyone has had a good summer thus far as its been a HOT one......either way were down to 75 days till lead slingin time...……..YEAH BABY thumbup ...…..my girl has caught one squirrel on her own and treed two ground hogs we took & treed a few coons at night by the lake.....one of the ground hogs jumped from the tree onto her back according to my neighbor who witnessed the situation unfold as I didn't see it happen.... it landed on her back & bit my babies head pretty bad and she was PI#*$*W% OFF and we got him handled after she bayed him up on the ground...the bite and scar are NOT gonna slow down Super Girls modeling career one bit tt1 ......BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0579 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01882 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01993 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01996 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01886 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (08/01/19 05:20 PM)

#3209050 - 08/01/19 05:24 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

DIRT KNAP CAMO tt2 ...….Lead Poisoning Edition thumbup .....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02257 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3209134 - 08/03/19 09:35 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

I would like to THANK Leupold for the GREAT customer service they provided on my VX6 Fire Dot thumbup ..sent them a letter about my gun hitting the ground hard once last season and how it was my fault & losing my scope sock on another hunt I was using it due to drizzle at night as well as losing my rubber eye relief cover at some point and they took care of it all & then some even though the scope still worked just fine when i sent it in...all i wanted was a review after i knew it had been down hard just to help prevent any potential problems from arising this season..first they fixed the scope by replacing a lost eye relief rubber, as well as replacing the internal circuit board for the Fire Dot & the battery cap in addition to that as it lights the Fire Dot up......then when I got it back they sent a new scope sock and a set of Leupold aluminum screw in scope caps/lense covers all FREE of charge......cant ask for anything much more then that IMO......BINESS!! thumbup1

DSC01859 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

#3209139 - 08/03/19 11:53 AM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
REID2168 Offline
Die Hard Member

I have also watched the baiting thread guys have great success for the last several years and decided I can watch only no longer thumbup ....so this season im gettin in the GAME myself...…….started a clean up and intend to make a dirt enbankment backing to shoot into.....still have to get an alerting system but the clean up im doing will keep them inside the woods and feel a bit more at ease when on my bait.....we shall see...….i came to the conclusion with the fact I caught (14) coyotes across the lake in the first 45 days of a 150 day season last year with just a few sets and had to quit when my boat motor water pump went down and I called it a season on the trapping......well this tells me there just may be a few more for this season to trap and bait in right out back tt2 ...couple views from my bathroom window down then from the bait site back...BINGO DINGO!! thumbup1

p.s. my hunting buddy doesn't do much during the clean up get ready crap just supervise BUT when it is her turn its GAME OVER!! thumbup

DSC02274 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02280 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02278 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Edited by REID2168 (08/03/19 12:45 PM)

#3209147 - 08/03/19 01:13 PM Re: INDIANA CALLIN [Re: REID2168]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Looks like a plan. Is last picture from planned location looking toward back door of your garage? Hope all this activity is not disturbing your pup. lol

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

Page 17 of 19 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.