first solo coon!

Jesse lackey

Me and my cousin went to check the trap line today, and like always he brought his jrt Cash. This is one of the last pups raised by me and my dad when we were breading jrt's. This is his first season on coons, so we have been bringing my "sooie" dog along to help, but left her at home today since I didn't have any coon traps out.

Well we pulled up to one of my k9 sets unless and I saw the catch circle, but no critter. Then I saw a tail hanging from the cedar tree I used as my scent post. It was pretty dark still so I inspected it a little closer and we decided to let cash give it a try. It took him a min to find it because there was so much scent everywhere and he has never seen a coon in a tree but as soon as he did he jumped up and grabbed a mouthful of fur and hung and shook until he got the coon on the ground.

Once they hit the ground cash moved straight to the throat, and I got the trap off the coon and let them roll. Cash did a great job of shutting him down quick, but the coon started pawing at his eyes so I put a boot on his chest to finish it a little quicker.
Resampled952011-12-279508-46-0195515.jpg
Resampled952011-12-279508-45-4995836.jpg

Nice, he looks like he can get the job done. I know Kate has been through he!! this season with Tuff dieing, but the little bridle dog helps out a lot. Just got 4 coons yesterday morning.

Tim

Back