Let's see those bird dogs!!!

Few new photo's of my boys.

Bodie
Bodie600pic.jpg

Bodie6003.jpg

Squirt
Squirt600-1.jpg

003cropped.jpg

Originally Posted By: sumrifleOriginally Posted By: ibschmidtyI love seeing the dogs. I had to put my shothair down a month before my sone was born. She was only 9 years old. Best dog I ever had. Wish my son had a chance to know her.

It is impossible to replace a great dog but a new puppy sure melts the heart and starts an all new friendship.

I had a chocolate lab named Twixie from my first birthday until i was in 5th grade she passed from a heat stroke....and then i got the thick headed beagle Molly that i have now ha ha. She isn't a bad dog, just not the brightest...

Some of my Cockers.

This is Polly and a male out of her, Rocky, after a short training session the other day.
2011-11-02083225-1.jpg

Rocky on a duck:
CIMG3732-1-1.jpg

Rocky and Macy after a successful eastern IA pheasant hunt last winter. I was hunting wild birds and limited out in 25 minutes...that was a good hunt!
PB1.jpg

I just love these pictures. Such beautiful dogs. I used to have an old beagle mix in the 1970s - Teddy. He would come hunting with me most days. These pictures warm my heart.

I know this is an old thread--but figure it's worth keeping this one going!

Freckles & Buddy
MyBoys.jpg

Freckles admiring a chukar he'd pointed and retrieved
FrecklesChukar.jpg

Last edited:
Here's Calvin, he's my 1 1/2 year old Boykin Spaniel. Hunted with him in South Dakota this fall for pheasants. He also loves duck hunting. He's a straight up mini-chessie as far as attitudes go, no quit in him.

400289322.jpg

Look at the dust on this thread...don't worry I got it.

First dove hunt this year
[img:center]
fyg0mf.jpg
[/img]

another
op4h88.jpg
[/img]

working with her in the yard.
903clk.jpg
[/img]

I havent been able to get her on any upland birds or grouse around here, but hope too soon. She really needs it.

Man o man,,,, that's a good looking gal chewi.

Sophie and Pete when they were young and svelt.

Sophie's now 10,,,

and Pete's almost 14,,,

Honor has been gone 15 months now and I miss her everyday. Kaiser is doing great though. He has a great nose and points beautifully. He pointed over 50 Pheasant this past weekend at the Junior Pheasant Hunt in Lake Isabella. These are from two years ago.

Last edited:
Thanks RePete! Same to you. I look forward every year to reading your bird hunting adventures. I am jealous of those of you who live in "bird country" and are able to take your dogs out to hunt wild upland birds.

Good looking dogs guys!

Back