what shooting stix do you use?

Bumrush

Ok so I thought I wanted a bipod for my AR, but after some feedback I am thinking of going for some shooting stick. Please tell me which you use, brand, and mono, bipod, or tripod style. I will be coyote hunting with probobly no more than a 200 yard shot.

I have stoney points collapsible sticks and 2 bog pods, short and long. The bog pods are more stable, the stoney points more convenient. I give the nod to the short bog pod.

I keep a short bipod on my guns for shooting prone if needed as well as a way to set it on the ground. I shoot mostly on a set of Predator Sniper Stix

Home Made:
Two peices of copper tubing bolted together with shrink tubing over the ends that touch the rifle, then camo paited.
Works perfect and is light.
Cost: less than 5 bucks

I like the Predator Sniper Styx. Company that made them are no longer in business. Basically a couple aluminum arrows attached to each other.

Had a bog pod bi pod that I liked very much. Light weight, handy. One side let go/stripped and would not hold after about 8-10 stands. Very disappointing. I took it back and they were out of Bog Pod brand. So I replaced it with a Cabelas brand that has more positive locking segments and is slightly heavier. Have not had a chance to try it yet.

I make my own using 36" long,1/2" oak dowel rods. Drill and bolt them together, then add some sheep bands on the dowel rods themselves to keep them from making noise. I even drill a small hole in the bottom and drive in a 16 penny nail with the head cut off. This helps the sticks bite into the ground and stops them from falling over when you have to take your rifle out of the sticks.

Made my own with two electric fence fiberglass rods and castration rubber bands. I have about three dollars in the set and they are very stable. I got the directions from a search on youtube for homemade shooting sticks.

Stoney Point for me. both mono and bi-pod, it just depends what gun I am using and where I will have my stands at. I also have several different Harris bi-pods, nice to have a few choices.

IMG_1993.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

homemmade sticks

I made a set like Jimmy's (as seen on Varmint Al's website) and I also have a Primo's mono pole.

I like both equally and the key was practicing with them.

Practice in many shooting positions because you never know where or how you will have to take a shot.

I have used most of the brands made. I have Bog Pods, Stoney Point and Van Guard. I like all three and each for different reasons.

I like the weight of the Stoney Point Bipod Compacts and carry them when I am walking a lot.

I like that I can go prone with the short CLD Bog Pod. That is a great option.

I like the Van Guards Quest 62 because of all the options. It is a three in one shooting stick but is the heaviest of the three.

They all have worked great and I carry all three in the truck. I think it is good to carry extra necessary items in case something gets lost or broken. I use the one that is best suited for the next set up.

I have the Stoney Point Pole Cat Bipod. It's not too heavy, adjusts adequately, and gets the job done. My buddy has Sniper Styx that look cool, but are unavailable. I guess I'm happy with what I have at the moment.

Originally Posted By: H82MissI have the Stoney Point Pole Cat Bipod. It's not too heavy, adjusts adequately, and gets the job done. My buddy has Sniper Styx that look cool, but are unavailable. I guess I'm happy with what I have at the moment.

+1 for the Stoney Point Sticks. I have the sitting/standing model and I love them.

Back