Tanned Coyote

bowhunt32

I've seen several posts here recently asking about where to send a coyote for tanning. I just got this one back from usafoxx. Not the prettiest pelt out there, I had it tanned for a buddy who's going to make it into a mountain man hat. That said, they sure do a nice job at tanning. The leather is nice white and soft and no hair slippage. Anyway, if your looking into places where to send, they do a great job.

105_2350.jpg

What did they charge Bowhunt32. We have a place here called Moyles Mink Farm and Tannery. They do a wonderful job as well. They charge $23.00. I have had several done and they are very nice as well.

I think for standard tanning, its about the same. $20.50 I think for standard tanning. I do so few that I always select "rapid tanning", which guarantees 30 day turn around. Its $10.00 more to go that way. So by the time you add in return shipping its right at $50.00 for a coyote.

Yeah looks like they did a good job. Not bad price either. Sometimes on Ebay they bring pretty good money. I have sold several on their and made pretty good money on them.

maybe i should ask you guy's advise, this year i got a real nice strawberry blonde coyote and wanted to get it professionally tanned to keep it for myself... years ago i sent away the first coyote i ever shot and spent like 150.00 and got a beautiful job done, this time i looked at USAFOX and as much as i wanted to send it there i just couldn't see how they could do it so much cheaper... i still have the pelt in the freezer because i haven't decided who to send it to.... does USAFOX really do a good job that cheap?

This one I fleshed and dried. Once fully dry, I boxed it up and mailed to them, abuot $7.00 parcel post. I elected the rapid tan for 32.50 and they charge $20.00 for fed ex return shipping. Thats a total of $59.50. So, I guess I'm missing something, but thats about $90.00 cheaper than what you mention paying. If your not fleshing, stretching and drying, rather freezing it, having to overnight ship and pay for the fleshing, then your probably pretty close to what you mention.

Last edited:
Back