lets see some groups

DPMS 16" SS bull. Prone off bipod with rear bag.
fa7bff12.jpg

Originally Posted By: MPFDAren't you glad you let me talk you into an SD, Hylander?

Yep, those groups though are from my 16" RRA, seeing how the OP wanted pics from a 16"
But my 18" SD shoot's 1/2 MOA @200
thumbup.gif

Picture1153.jpg

200yds.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223How are you guys measuring your groups?? Wouldnt .25 Moa have to be all shots thru the same hole??

You can either measure the bullet holes from outside to outside and subtract the diameter of the bullet.
Or you can measure the bullet holes from center to center.
Either way you will get the same results

Last edited:
Quote:How are you guys measuring your groups,,Normally, you measure from the outside edge to the outside edge of the two farthest holes and then subtract the diameter of the round..

Sometimes finding the center of a hole can be difficult...There is a computer program that allows you to determine the center of the holes and it will give you pretty close to exact measurements..

I get that but wouldnt 1/4 moa have to be thru the same hole?? Moa is just over an inch i dont remember exactly think its 1.047. Half inch group at 100yds is 1/2moa and a 1/4"group is 1/4 moa right.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:How are you guys measuring your groups,,Normally, you measure from the outside edge to the outside edge of the two farthest holes and then subtract the diameter of the round..

Sometimes finding the center of a hole can be difficult...There is a computer program that allows you to determine the center of the holes and it will give you pretty close to exact measurements..

"On Target" has a free program
Works great

MOA is also dependent on yards! So yes you are correct at 100 yards but at 200 yards your 1/2 MOA is now a 1 inch group. But it is the internet and you are allowed to call your groups whatever you want! Also sometimes it helps to refer your groups in MOA then inches! Sounds like it shoots better then it really does!

I had to go see if I had a target with 2 holes almost touching and I found one. So just to make sure I double checked before I posted this! Yes you could shoot under a 1/4 MOA group with 2 holes. The two holes were .441 outside to outside so .441-.224=.217 so under a 1/4 MOA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223How are you guys measuring your groups?? Wouldnt .25 Moa have to be all shots thru the same hole??

Well, no, that would be zero MOA.

1/4 MOA at 100 yards would be .224 + (.25 X .224) or .280 across the largest outside dimension.

I'd check the guy that shot that for a pulse.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back