Where to live / move to out west?

Idaho, Colorado, and Wyoming are excellent states. Southern Utah might fit your bill nicely. Look at St George, great winters, a little too hot summers but totally dry, cool town, good growth and business environment, very good real-estate value right now. Close to Arizona and Nevada, awesome mountains every where around. Tons of outdoor recreation. The second most public land state, millions of acres! Good deer, elk, and antelope hunting close by as well. It is harder to get tags compared to other western states (mostly draw) but you'll be able to hunt big game most years. Great gun laws, lots of Mormons, there cool though, good people for the most part. Man I am rambling.

Lots of coyotes but lots of coyote hunters.

Anywhere you end up will be great and an adventure as well.

Other options good options
Twin Falls, Boise, American Falls ID
Durango, Grand Junction, Colorado
Green River or Sheridan WY
All of these places have great outdoor opportunity but are cold in the winter.

I live just outside of Great Falls, MT and wish I could go somewhere else. Jobs here seem to pay less and less. Great Falls is kind of like Flint, MI surrounded by mountains. The streets are cluttered with methheads who carelessly have babies and let the state take care of them. I'd like to leave but We own our house, have family here, and my wife's job which has our insurance and high pay is here. I can't get a good job to save my life in this area. I would like to live in either Idaho or western Montana but my wife's job don't have any transfers to those areas. I'm kinda stuck. I tried being selfemployed for 3 years but nobody here spends money unless its on drugs, hookers, alcohal, or gambling so I didn't do so well as a landscaper. There is lots of oppertunity for hunting and gun laws are lax. You can pretty much buy, own, or carry whatever you want for firepower. Its pretty much not a concern here.

Last edited:
Back