Kies Adj. Gas Block

blopez50

Just thought I'd put up another quick review.

So.. my SD 243 was WAY overgassed and I was having some functioning issues.. I had a very pretty paper weight for a couple months. I bought a Kies adjustable gasblock to hopefully help with this. When I tried to install it, I had some problems with the TINY little screw that takes the place of the roll pin. Long story short, I ended up trashing it. Kies told me to send them back in. They replaced my mistake on their dime and sent it back. 2nd time was a charm and I installed it without a problem.

Just took a quick trip to the range. 5 rounds later the block was adjusted and the gun was functioning PERFECTLY. Looks like problem solved.

A big thank you to Kies (Travis). I have one of their lowers, trigger guards, linear comps, 2 gas blocks, and about to order a single stage trigger. They seem like a great company that makes quality products and completely stands behind them. That's becoming harder and harder to come by... so it is very appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks man. It feels good to finally shoot it! I had a hunt lined up for the morning.. unfortunately the interstate is closed and Im stuck here for at least tonight.....

Glad to hear that you got them on ok, we now install all the really small screws here as a few folks have had similar issues with cross threading, and I myself have buggered up a few screws while trying to get the hang of it, as they are really really tiny, but if you take a few extra seconds to start it carefully, it is a lot easier then the three handed rodeo it is to install roll pins with out the right vice blocks and holder punches, and let alone if the gas tube rotates slightly while making the starting hit on the roll pin.

^ That helped a ton. I was definitely too impatient the first time around. Roll puns are definitely a huge pain..

I have wondered, can I locktite the screw that adjusts for gas flow? At exactly two turns (backed out) it is functioning great. I want to ensure that it doesnt move...

you can but be careful with it, don't let any thread locker get in your gas tube, you will need to remove the gas block and clean the living daylights out of it first, or you can get a second 10-32 set crew and jam it up against the main screw if you have enough threads. you should be able to get the screw at any local hardware store, ace or where ever.

^ I gave it a go.... Hopefully it works out well. I didnt have enough threads left to use a set screw. (maybe something for the gen III)

Steel, not as light as my other low profile but not super heave, and I believe it would fit under the handguard.

not 100% but those are my guesses

I have not weighed them, to compare but i would be surprised if our gas blocks were to weigh half an ounce more then the really thinned out steel gas blocks.

as far as fitting under a handguard we are yet to find a handguard that it will not fit under, it even fits under the hogue over molded handguards which rub on the gas tube in some spots.

Back