My Coyote/Tactical Build...

I have a 1-4 on my carbine and front site post did indeed infringe on scope pic. Drove me nuts until I replaced it with a lo-pro gas block - it's all good now.

Low power optics tend to have you looking at the front sight tower, higher power optics tend to "see around" it...

I had a M4 Carbine with an EO-Tech (no power) that the dot cowitnessed with the front sight and I installed a flip up back up rear sight, just in case the battery ever went dead while out in the field..If I switched it over to a 10x scope, it wasn't a problem..
CMMGM4Repainta.jpg

For that purpose, it worked good..

Sorry for the late update. As for the the scope. It is not for precision shooting. It is for quick acquisition. The point blank reticle is rather large at 4x.

I am still working on getting some different ammo downfield. I was having problems with Wolf failing to cycle. I cleaned it and tried Winchester white box and it was firing fine.

More time after Christmas to get some shooting in.

Nice rig ChetPunisher! Is that the nickel-boron Spike's BCG or the chrome one? It looks super slick. I have been thinking about one of those bcg's. Nice rifle.

While it's a little expensive, if you can find some locally, try the Hornady 53gr Super Performance...It's been getting good reviews..

Gerry Blair uses a fixed 2.5 power on his 22-250. Lower Magnifacation takes more carefully aimed shot but works just fine.

Back