Anyone try the new Browning X-Bolt predator rifle??

outlawskybuster

Just wondered what yalls thoughts were on the new X-Bolt predator rifle and if anyone has tried one? Thumbhole laminated stock is really nice looking on it!!

Originally Posted By: flyinlizard1 Buy a Savage , made in USA..

Not this again....
Have you used one? This will allow us to decide if your opinion has any validity.

Originally Posted By: DFullerOriginally Posted By: flyinlizard1 Buy a Savage , made in USA..

Not this again....
Have you used one? This will allow us to decide if your opinion has any validity.

AMEN to that!!!

A friend just bought an X-Bolt Browning in .243 Win. Wood Stock. Dam nice looking rifle and I must say it shoots very well also. He only has about 25 rounds down the tube but it is shooting about 1-1/8 @ 100 YDS with cheap Remington 85 Grain SPS bullets. He is not the best shot in the world off the bench or any other way yet, but he is getting the hang of it slowly.

From the way it shoots for him I would by one in a heart beat if I didn't have a couple of good shooting 243's already.

DAB

These new rifles kind of annoy me. The manufacturers make a big show about how they are releasing this new firearm, and then take months to make it available.

Dont get me wrong, it builds hype on forums like this, but it really gets annoying because most guys dont realize that the gun isnt available for purchase right now. Then they get excited and want a review, and no one knows much about the gun.

I looked on Browning's website and didnt even see one listed, so I Googled the rifle.. nothin'

Since it is an X Bolt, I would assume its a fairly nice rifle but probably a bit over priced. I love Browning firearms, but I dont know if this would be my first choice for a predator rifle

78db0aa2.jpg

Stepping off my high horse now

i havent heard of it, but i do have a varmint stalker in .243 and love it. trigger is nice and action very smooth.
accuracy is great.

good luck

Originally Posted By: kal52i havent heard of it, but i do have a varmint stalker in .243 and love it. trigger is nice and action very smooth.
accuracy is great.

good luck

I have one of these in 22-250. Impressively accurte right out of the box.

Originally Posted By: outlawskybusterIts on the Browning website under the X-bolt rifles. On the 2nd page!!! Its not hard to find and its an awesome looking rifle.

If your looking at the same rifle I am (I belive its called the varmint special?) then I also have been curious bout this rifle and have been thinkin bout buying one myself.

Back