Best shotguns for Fox Hunting?

Yotebeware

What is everybody using for red and gray fox hunting? Ive been doig some fox calling at night as of late with a single 20g and want to pick up a new 12g mossberg 3 1/2" just not sure what loads or barrel length to go for. Ofcourse prob use for turkey in the spring but primary use is fox and coyote hunting. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm shooting a Mossberg 835 and a Benelli SBE 2 for fox, both have 24" barrels.
For fox I would recommend #4 copper plated shot or hevishot. I also like the heavyweight BB loads as well. You really don't need 3 1/2" shells for fox IMO.

I was just looking at a 935 auto with 2 barrels 1 24" and 1 28" for other stuff. Sounds like a do it all setup. I like the idea of 3 1/2 guns because you can shoot 2 3/4 3" or 3 1/2". I usually target grey's up here the yotes put a hurting on our reds over the years but ive seen more this year than since I dont know when. Beagler sounds like those 3" #4's should be more than enough. What sounds are you using for what I assume red's down there?

Thanks again for the info

As a boy, I spent time with a great uncle. We sat on a ridge hearing the hounds bay. He carried a stevens 36inch 12 guage with #2 shot and a colt woodsman. It works.

Now, I uses a 243 win with barnes solids. Times change.

Any good turkey gun with turkey loads would work.

Back