Problems with getting them in???

d2admin

Administrator
there is a group of about 4 or 5 coyotes that will not respond to anything... everytime i call nothing but then when i am walking out to leave they begin to howl. i do everything cover scent wind direction full camo and decoy. still nothing i am going to go and get after them during spring break in about 2 weeks. and tips or pointers would be helpful. thanks guys..

------------------
Mess with the best die like the rest

Raptorman,
I know how frustrating that can be, It sounds like they may be call wise or are hearing/seeing you enter your stand. It may be wise to try to walk in a different way making sure you have a visual barrier between you and where you expect them to be and trying a different sound might help. I placed a post in this section titled "coyotes howling at your call" there are a few response's that may be helpful to you.
Good Luck
wink.gif

Vinny

they howl when i am leaving the woods they muct come in so far and then just sit back and wait til dark to come in.. i called in the morning to see if that would change anything and it didnt work.next i am going to use a decoy..i think i am going to try to howl back to them just to see what they do.. one bit my dog so i will kill them off its only a matter of time...

------------------
Mess with the best die like the rest

Raptor I have had the same experiance and have also had a little luck with this method.

Consider this, what is the main access to their area?
Do you always park and walk in from the same general area?

I have called at yotes just like you with the same results for several sessions and then I finally wised up, or so I think.

I found another access in, I will come at them from a direction that they havent been called from yet, you may have to walk a ways further but sometimes this will get them to bite.

I like the advice you have been given thus far. I think you may try howling from a different direction. Make sure they don't peg you on the way in. Call in the early morning and if you here them howl and they dont respond, move in on them and try it again. Wiley E

Try a call not used by hunters as much such as a turkey call produce by a mouth diaphram. What prey animals are in your area. Make sounds of those prey.

Twenty Two's Two Cent

Back