Bigger Bolt Handle For 17 HMR

Field Medic

Just entered in to the HMR world and purchased a Savage 93 r HMR 17 with heavy bull barrel that is flutted. I'm intrested in replacing the existing bolt handle with a longer bigger one. The existing handle is pretty small esp. when you have gloves on. I was curious if anyone has replaced the stock handle on their 93r and if so with what handle and where did you get it!!! Thanks for your time and information!!!!!

I just orderd mine from Brownells the liberty tactical, or you can try "bills Bolt Knobs" hope to have mine on just after christmas.

pumpgun Will these fit the 93 r Savage HMR 17 ??? Awesome, I will take a look. Are you going to instal yourself or have a gunsmith install???

Medic- I have sold the rifle so pictures are not possible. But, If you remove the bolt from your rifle and have a bench grinder, just start grinding the bolt know down till your reach the correct size for a 5/16th die. Take your time, make it as round as possible. It doesn't have to be perfect, just really close. The closer to the correct diameter, the better the fit. Usually the old knob will give you enough threads for the new knob. Its scary, but it can be done. MAKE SURE your new knob is the same size as the threads your cutting!! Hope this helps you.

Back