Guess who is back) Dec moon calling reports.. yeah baby!<-----------

Another nice one! Looks like you sconie boys are kickin butt. Made one set tonight overlooking a swamp, and came up dry, except for my right butt cheek. Nice night. I heard a shot towards Delano, who was it?

Second stand of the year and another hit. Came in within 10 mins but slow. All of a sudden he was there at about 40 yards and figured something was up and turned to walk away. Once shot to the boiler room anchored him down on the ice. I was overlooking a small pond about a mile from the one I shot 2 nights ago. I made 2 other stands and came up dry. I called it quits and headed in.

IM002224.jpg

Got it all skinned. It was a decent male.
IM002227.jpg

Made four sets last nite and all came up M/T. Maybe tonite. Whats New Coyote waitng for? He always has some Predators down and pics.

came up short yesterday with not a coyote to come in. Sign is there just will try another few areas this day and see what happens.

Hello guys its good to be back again.......
Well I have maid 17 sets now and I have to say its not been normal maybe the snow is a big part of it! But I have not seen a coyote yet!! Yes this is true and very weird and it s-cks I have to add!
How ever im glad some of you guys are having some luck that is for dang sure..HIGH FIVE TO U GUYS!
smile.gif

We have lost pretty much all are snow and the fields are black!NOT GOOD! Last night we headed south to the snow line and did some calling but only heard one female coyote on my side NOPE SHE DID NOT SHOW HER SELF!!GRRRR!

Think im Just going to have to start praying to the snow gods again for some fresh snow..LOL By the time we get it its going to be to late for the dec moon that is the bad part
frown.gif

Ps:Tim/DTOM I will be calling you some time tomorrow and see what your plans are and hope we can meet up and knock some fur down..
smile.gif
and yes Phil is still after them dam honkers LOL but I do agree with you on what you said..

Good luck to everyone who still has snow PLEASE KILL ONE FOR ME ALSO and send me some snow if you got any left LOL..

Chris

M/T again I have no clue what the heck is going on but this will change soon. No dogs calling but there is sign everywhere as in scat and territory pee markings. Its warm and I think they are well fed but wait for the temperature to really drop then things should pick up. Nothing like the sound of a free meal "as in lead"

Four sets where made last nite the last ones for this full moon. 1st set called in a fox he ran right to the call and left just as fast. Minutes later he comes back same thing. I could not get him to stop long enough for a shoot. Driving to the my second spot I spotted a coyote in a feild when I stopped he ran over a small hill. The remaining sets came up M/T. At least I seen something. Looking forward to Jan. full moon.

I made a total of 9 sets over the coarse of this moon, 2 tuesday, 5 friday, and 2 saturday.

We got barked at by a grey frox on set 3 saturday night. All others have come up dry.

The snow is all melted off now so night sets are all over for this months moon. Back to hunting in the daytime again next weekend I guess.

I guess I expected more. Good to be out, but it would have been nice to at least call a critter in.

Congrats to those who put up critters on this cycle.
thumbup1.gif

New Coyote

only heard one female coyote on my side NOPE SHE DID NOT SHOW HER SELF!!GRRRR!

I have been calling for 35 yrs and am wondering how do you know its a female coyote yepping.

Is there something im missing

Finally, last friday night I hit some pay dirt. My first and third stand produced one coyote a piece. My first stand(open corn field with a grass field to the south 1/4mi) I was on stand for about 45 seconds when I had one come straight to me and I whacked it at about 60 yds. On my third stand I was hunting a pasture that lead to the rest of a section full of grass, trees and creeks. I was on stand for about 15 minutes and had one come in from the north along a creek, wind out of SW. It winded the called and ran 50 yds back to the north and stopped broadside, for a great standing shot. This was my first not so good experience with a 39gr SBK in 204. I had a good hit on the coyote but it spun in a few circles and ran off, so I had to track it down to recover. It was a good night, but not a single coyote made any noise. All were called in with red fox pups distress(one of my favorites).

Originally Posted By: New_Coyoteonly heard one female coyote on my side NOPE SHE DID NOT SHOW HER SELF!!GRRRR!

Originally Posted By: 1lessdog

I have been calling for 35 yrs and am wondering how do you know its a female coyote yepping.

Don't feel bad. I'm missing it too.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 1lessdogNew Coyote

only heard one female coyote on my side NOPE SHE DID NOT SHOW HER SELF!!GRRRR!

It probably sounded like it was complaining.
lol.gif

I headed to Wyoming Friday late afternoon to do some calling of Coyotes on private property which is about 18k acres.

1st stand of the late afternoon i called in a Red Fox and the land owner laid him out whith his Rock River .223.
All i can shoot in Wyoming is Coyotes due to being an out of stater. 2nd stand nothing, darkness fell and we tried our luck at night calling, snow was loud and crunchy, not more than 5mph wind and a FULL MOON. Saw a pair of eyes 2 different times in the same spot and unfortunatley they were on the downwind side and nothing showed. Called a few more sets and nothing so we called it a night.

Next morning got up before sunrise, had a decent breakfast and then off too calling Coyotes.

First three stands were nuttin! 4th stand i noticed a Coyote coming in from the East below me and i could not see over the ledge, the coyote was moving to the West, my hunting buddy was 75 yards West of me and the coyote must have spotted his movement because the last time i saw the Coyote it was running South as if it had saw something it did not like. next stand we headed towards the wide open, snow covered flats and it was very hard walking in the crunchy, drifted snow. After 20 minutes of calling we headed back to the truck and headed North (Same direction i was calling) and we spotted 2 coyotes walking around in a CRP field and they obviously were not interested and the walked over the hill and we still tried calling them in with no luck. Moved to the West 1/4 mile and i let the landowner call, i spotted a coyote about 800 yards out to the North and he was not interested in any calls. We managed to sneak in another 200 yards and i fired 2 different shots and no such luck. The coyote stuck around for one more shot after my buddy ranged him at 657 yards. He took a shot and was about 5 feet low:-(
That was the end of the day so i headed back to Colorado and did some night calling in one of my best areas. Called in 1 coyote and he came into 200 yards directly downwind and off he went.
Woke up the next morning and hit it again, and again, and again! Finally tried a spot where we always bump coyotes out of the CRP by driving into them. This time i decided too walk from the North in anticipation that they might be there once again. Sure as SH*T they were there mousing in the field. I snuck out and set up my Foxpro and Mojo critter where they would be able to see it and i started to call, nothing! Nothing! they could hear it and they were not interested at all:) I ranged them at 594 yards and i let a round go! They can run - The other way:-(
I tried several stands after that and the 2nd from the last stand of the day 8 minutes into it i see a hard charger and he has a friend with him. I had my Mojo critter on top of a fence post and the lead dog (Female) came within 20 yards of the call and 40 away from me and she got the Hornady 55grain to the chest and it pretty much took out the intestines with it. She went from 40mph - 0mph in about 40 yards. 2nd one did not stick around for pictures so i put my drag on her and off too the truck we went. Last stand of the day produced 3 young bulls and no coyotes.

Temp was 51 degrees and i don't seem to have any good hunts after a night/weekend of a Full Moon.

I will add a couple pictures of this Yote tonight. #19 for 2011-2012 season and 1 Red Fox.

Happy Hunting all!

Kevin

Just picking poor Chris apart..
frown.gif
LOL
I said to Chris who was with me on the set, I said to him that sounded like a young female and he agreed with me that is all..
I have heard males and females howl before a time or two..
In my ears and mind there is a differents but that is just me Im not saying im right or wrong but im just saying what I heard and thought..
You guys that have been hunting for 30+ years would know better then I...
Just a story that I wanted to share not a big deal from now on ill just put Coyote..
Good hunting to who ever is still calling shot a bunch and share a bunch keep up the good work guys..

Chris..

Last edited:
Ya it was very high pitched. Sounded like a [beeep] to me too.

Should have had another one Wed. Called a spot with my cousin who is still a virgin rookie. I tried to get him to set up working the wind and he sat a lot farther off the spot than he should have. Had one cross the pond and then walk towards him, but he didn't see it head his way due to the fact he was prone. It was within 60 yards of him. Another one to haunt him all season.

Originally Posted By: Dead Down WindI headed to Wyoming Friday late afternoon to do some calling of Coyotes on private property which is about 18k acres.

1st stand of the late afternoon i called in a Red Fox and the land owner laid him out whith his Rock River .223.
All i can shoot in Wyoming is Coyotes due to being an out of stater. 2nd stand nothing, darkness fell and we tried our luck at night calling, snow was loud and crunchy, not more than 5mph wind and a FULL MOON. Saw a pair of eyes 2 different times in the same spot and unfortunatley they were on the downwind side and nothing showed. Called a few more sets and nothing so we called it a night.

Next morning got up before sunrise, had a decent breakfast and then off too calling Coyotes.

First three stands were nuttin! 4th stand i noticed a Coyote coming in from the East below me and i could not see over the ledge, the coyote was moving to the West, my hunting buddy was 75 yards West of me and the coyote must have spotted his movement because the last time i saw the Coyote it was running South as if it had saw something it did not like. next stand we headed towards the wide open, snow covered flats and it was very hard walking in the crunchy, drifted snow. After 20 minutes of calling we headed back to the truck and headed North (Same direction i was calling) and we spotted 2 coyotes walking around in a CRP field and they obviously were not interested and the walked over the hill and we still tried calling them in with no luck. Moved to the West 1/4 mile and i let the landowner call, i spotted a coyote about 800 yards out to the North and he was not interested in any calls. We managed to sneak in another 200 yards and i fired 2 different shots and no such luck. The coyote stuck around for one more shot after my buddy ranged him at 657 yards. He took a shot and was about 5 feet low:-(
That was the end of the day so i headed back to Colorado and did some night calling in one of my best areas. Called in 1 coyote and he came into 200 yards directly downwind and off he went.
Woke up the next morning and hit it again, and again, and again! Finally tried a spot where we always bump coyotes out of the CRP by driving into them. This time i decided too walk from the North in anticipation that they might be there once again. Sure as SH*T they were there mousing in the field. I snuck out and set up my Foxpro and Mojo critter where they would be able to see it and i started to call, nothing! Nothing! they could hear it and they were not interested at all:) I ranged them at 594 yards and i let a round go! They can run - The other way:-(
I tried several stands after that and the 2nd from the last stand of the day 8 minutes into it i see a hard charger and he has a friend with him. I had my Mojo critter on top of a fence post and the lead dog (Female) came within 20 yards of the call and 40 away from me and she got the Hornady 55grain to the chest and it pretty much took out the intestines with it. She went from 40mph - 0mph in about 40 yards. 2nd one did not stick around for pictures so i put my drag on her and off too the truck we went. Last stand of the day produced 3 young bulls and no coyotes.

Temp was 51 degrees and i don't seem to have any good hunts after a night/weekend of a Full Moon.

I will add a couple pictures of this Yote tonight. #19 for 2011-2012 season and 1 Red Fox.

Happy Hunting all!

Kevin

Got a phone from my buddy in Rock River Wyoming last night and he told me that Predator Control was going to be in his airspace today shooting Coyotes from the Airplane on their property and adjoining lands as well, he said that him, his brother, his dad and a friend of his dad were going to try too find the dead yotes after the predator control plane shot the yotes so they could take the furs. I sent him a text this afternoon asking how many yotes were seen/shot today and how long the plane flew their land. ---Zero coyotes shot, zero coyotes seen and the plane flew their 18k acres for 30 minutes---
No wonder all i called in was 1 coyote and 1 Red Fox.

I think i will stay in Colorado:)

Back