Coyote Behavier Video

drscott

Got my DVD from Predator Masters yesterday and watched it last night. I have been calling for over 20 years and learned more than a few things from this video. If you are fairly new to calling, videos such as this will shorten your learning curve greatly. I sure wish tools like this had been available when I was starting out. Just wanted to give this one a positive plug. Jay Nistetter did a great job on this video. Its one you should add to your library.

Scott.

Thank you for the words Scott. They are appreciated. I tried to make the video informational as well as interesting for all ages whether a seasoned caller or just a beginner.

Thank you Colorado. Just for my own curiosity, what was your favorite part?

I'd like others to chime in on this too. (You too NASA.)

The reason I ask is that some find it educational while others find it funny. I think the "funny" people actually like the blooper section at the end. Don't be shy because I it's too late to change anything now.

I'm always interested in what people learn too.

They alway stop.... They always do.

Jay, I think the biggest thing I learned is that in many instanses I have been shooting to soon. By waiting I may have had an opertunity at doubles where the first coyote was held up waiting on its partner.

Scott.

Jay, I have watched the DVD a couple of times now and would have to say the same as DrScott. I have always thought when they are looking back or to the side, they are just getting ready to bolt right of town! Instead, your video has taught me that they are likely looking or waiting for there partner to catch up (I need to be more patient).

Also, we have busted our humps in the past trying to hide the truck, no more of that after watching the video. I can't tell you how many good looking stands we have passed up because we couldn't hide the truck.

Thanks for the great lessons!

Dogn

My favorite part is where Jay sets up for the camera and begins to talk, but finds that his face is not even in the shot.

Also, as a result of seeing how many times doubles might actually be present, I wonder if most hunters like myself are actually educating the coyotes on successful stands. That is to say, we shoot the one we see. We think we are successful, but are actually training the unseen partner.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Great video.

Thanks fellas. Steve, I didn't include a lot of sailor-talk clips that were absolutely hilarious.

One of my favorite parts of the video is watching what happens from the coyot's perspective. Normally when a shot is fired, you hear a BOOM followed by a WHAP! which tells you in that your shot connected with the coyote. The video segment from the coyote's perspective you see a flash of light and then hear a WHAP! followed by a BOOM.

Originally posted by Jay Nistetter:
[qb] The video segment from the coyote's perspective you see a flash of light and then hear a WHAP! followed by a BOOM.[/qb]
Thanks for the warning. I'll try not to dive under the sofa when I see that for the first time. My copy should be here any day now.

I got my copy of Jays video in the mail yesterday.

Jay you did good and I learned alot. Oh Cronk can sure call.

I liked seeing Rich and Tyler howling, they sounded good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Love that Rap song at the end of the video.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just got my copy in the mail yesterday, and watched it last night. Very good information and I plan on watching it again, and again etc....

A good learning tool and instructions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the words. Filming the video was work, but it was fun work. I honestly believe that the fellows putting up with me filming, learned a little bit and developed some restraint and patience. I think I only yelled once.

What are Rhino Bucks?
If you get a chance, get on my website and check out the Rhino Bucks promotion going on. Could be a sweet deal for your wife, girlfriend, mother-in-law’s Christmas present if you use nice card and the right approach. You couls save some money too.

Back