KIES .264 LBC AR

mrmattjohnson

I really liked what I saw on their website. Can anyone post pictures of their uppers or first hand experience with this company?

Their price on a .264 LBC AR is really impressive, I am just looking for a gun that can shoot around 1/2 MOA with some good handloads.

We will be getting some pics up of the uppers and complete rifles later this week, Right now we are waiting on some upper parts kits.

I don't have any pics of my complete rifle, but I did get one of the demo uppers he sold about a month ago. There are pics of them in the post about the demo upper sale. I had Travis put on a different hand guard, and got the upper stuck on a PC lower. I haven't got to shoot it as much as I have wanted to yet, but have shot some groups with various factory ammo and all have been MOA or better. I think with a better trigger and some load development it could shoot VERY well. Travis is definitely good to deal with and seems pretty customer oriented. Hope this helps you out. ObarO

Last edited:
Mr Matt, We do offer an accuracy guarantee on all our centerfire uppers, of MOA or better. This guarantee is on all our centerfire uppers not just our MKI.

I finally made it home to take my Kies upper in hand yesterday. While I only put about 50 rounds through it, I am more than happy with its performance. Shooting Remington, Federal and Winchester factory rounds as a get-to-know-you and to make brass the rifle didn't show a real preference for one brand. A good sign in my experience. With an EOTech on top and shooting from field positions, the rifle grouped well enough that I have no doubts at all regarding its ability to shoot MOA groups.

The upper has several features that are firsts for me. I have never had a linear muzzle break on a rifle and I am sold on this design. There is simply NO recoil with this rifle and the sound is all out front. Ceramic bore coatings are also new to me. Clean-up was a three patch affair. The billet charging handle is a nice feature, large and with aggressive serrations. Much improved over standard fare.

I like the upper well enough that I am planning on a full rifle build in the near future. The barrel profile, the linear muzzle break and the fit and finish are all well conceived and executed.

I have decided to go ahead and order a couple of these in 264 LBC. I will keep you guys posted on the range report! Now if I can quit playing phone tag with KIES firearms.

I have purchased two Kies AR uppers. I have had some issues with both. The first was resolved to my satisfaction and was really nobody’s fault to Kies defense however I am waiting to see how the second one is going to be resolved. The second upper was the .264 LBC. As soon as it is resolved I will report back with a detailed review of Kies.

Hi Kies,
I purchased an upper of yours from JoeBob. I am very happy with its performance as well Joe's delivery.

I'd like to know if you have any plan to offer upper with different handguard such as YHM or Troy similar to Bison and/or ARP. I'd prefer that option over the billet charge handle.

By the way, I really like the linear muzzle brake. It sure makes shooting my 6.8 a whole lot more pleasant.

Thanks

RonO. said:
I finally made it home to take my Kies upper in hand yesterday. While I only put about 50 rounds through it, I am more than happy with its performance. Shooting Remington, Federal and Winchester factory rounds

Was wondering where you got Remington, Federal, and Winchester factory ammo?

He must of been shooting another caliber. The only factory ammo for the 264 lbc is Les Baer Custom loads, Alexander Arms custom loads, Precision Firearms custom loads, Hornady 123 amax, Wolf gold MPT and softpoint.

Originally Posted By: BrayHe must of been shooting another caliber. The only factory ammo for the 264 lbc is Les Baer Custom loads, Alexander Arms custom loads, Precision Firearms custom loads, Hornady 123 amax, Wolf gold MPT and softpoint.

Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure I did not miss something.

Howard, I am glad you like your upper, as for handguards we are continuously adding to our own line up of accessories. We have our own quad rail out now that is billet and is midlength to match our uppers, and we are just about to release our own Free float tubes that address some of the problems with the original hogue tubes, while keeping the solid gripping surface many of our customers have come to enjoy. I would post a pic but we are still waiting for one component in anodizing.

Our newly designed handguards have the following upgrades

-Traditional FF barrel nut with locking ring

-4 (not the normal 2) anti rotation screws

-they are rifle length to give our midlength gas systems a cleaner look, and to aid in stability when using a bipod.

-slots milled in the front end for cooling at the gas block and to allow adjustment of the gas system without removing the hand guard

-the front is threaded for an endcap which is included with the handguard

-the front end of the tube is also drilled and tapped at the 12,3,6,9 o'clock positions to accept a short piece of rail if desired to accommodate sling, bipod, iron sight, etc. attachment. 1 section of rail is included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back