Range report Remington 5R in .223

Originally Posted By: ackleymanKLF, you score targets like a benchrest shooter!

Here is the best group from the AR.It has a a standard button cut non 5R 24" barrel.

1001403xr.jpg

Originally Posted By: klfI was able to get some range time today. I am still learning to shoot the rifle, cheek weld and all. 100 yards, no wind, and cold as [beeep].

1001993r.jpg

Too bad about the flyer! LOL Nice shooting for sure!!

That article cracks me up, Charlie. No offense intended. But they give credit at the end to Rock Creek(a favorite of mine),Krieger(another favorite), and Lilja barrels.

Yet they make no mention whatsoever of Boots Obermeyer, the man who invented 5R rifling.

The 700 5R is as accurate as factory rifles get. I would bet the farm that they will out shoot Savages and Tikkas on a regular basis. And yes, all day long........

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThat article cracks me up, Charlie. No offense intended. But they give credit at the end to Rock Creek(a favorite of mine),Krieger(another favorite), and Lilja barrels.

Yet they make no mention whatsoever of Boots Obermeyer, the man who invented 5R rifling.

The 700 5R is as accurate as factory rifles get. I would bet the farm that they will out shoot Savages and Tikkas on a regular basis. And yes, all day long........

You really believe it will take on and beat the F/TR, palma, benchrest, all day every day? Team savage is making quite a bit of noise with that F/TR...

I wouldn't make that bet if I was you, but, call up team savage, I'm sure they'd be happy to take you up on it.

Do you really believe team Savage is shooting rifles right off the production line? I wouldn't make that bet if I were you........

Remington 5R rifles are definitely fine shooting rifles and even better when out of that ungodly hs stock. Gotta love team savage on here who always have there $.02 to throw in with there internet expertise. Do you maybe think the person driving the rifle helps as well as the gun itself.

Walk into Savage and pluck a dozen F/TRs off the line, and then into Remington and pluck a dozen 5Rs off the line, and I know where my money would sit.

Remington does not DOMINATE in law enforcement and military sales because they do not shoot well. A fact that some seem to overlook.......

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunThat article cracks me up, Charlie. No offense intended.

No offence taken.
I just stumbled across that article and found it helpfull because it had pictures.
I could give a rip one way or the other.
I can see where the 5R would be easier to clean though.

Absolutely love Remington and what they are capable of making. I was skeptical when i heard they started making ar15s. Have also just found out they are making 1911s. They are really stepping out and making changes while still providing the time tested and proven 700 actions. Thank you remington for making dependable and accurate firearms.

Back