Hunting with glasses

kaniac

I see a lot better with my glasses but hunting with them in cold weather is an absolute nightmare. They're always fogging up at the worst possible times, and forget about wearing a facemask. just wondering how some of you other guys deal with it.

I clean my glasses with dish soap before I go hunting, that helps, and I use an anti fog spray while in the field it is a pain.

I really want lasik done.

Any liquid soap will work. " Use soap only, NO WATER, Apply soap to both sides of the lenses, then wipe off until no soap can be seen. It's the microscopic film of soap that prevents fogging. If you get ANY water on the lenses or touch the lenses they will fog."
Hope my 40+years of wearing glasses helps.
Wearing glasses sucks, but it beats not being able to see a coyote at 100 yards or deer horns at 50.

Shayne

I have always had the same problem until I hunted with Badtothebone at the PM hunt two years ago. He had a ball cap mask combo. I bought one and have not had a problem since. If it is cold I wear a warm cap over the hat.
Cap/Mask Combo Here

Originally Posted By: reb8600I have always had the same problem until I hunted with Badtothebone at the PM hunt two years ago. He had a ball cap mask combo. I bought one and have not had a problem since. If it is cold I wear a warm cap over the hat.
Cap/Mask Combo Here

+1 The cap/headnet does not fog glasses like a headnet does.

Regards,
hm

Thanks huys those are all good suggestions. I have contacts but my ability to distinguish detail is way better with my glasses.Of course it never hurts to have another excuse, especially the way my lucks been running this season!

I had the very same problem and said I am doing somthing about it.I had very bad eyes and got epilasic surgery done it was worth every cent I would recomend it to anyone it is great.

My wife and I had a corneal evaluation, cost $125 each, but free if our eyes not qualified for epilasic surgery. Both ours were free. Epilasic surgery is not advisable or available to everyone.

Thanks for that info about the soap. I've used one of those hat/masks for years even while using a duck call and only rarely have a problem with my glasses fogging.

I got lasik eye surgery 11 yrs ago, best thing I ever did.
I was 48 & in line for bi-focals, now I just use #200 reading glasses. I don't need them to drive, and best of all I can use iron sights on my old classic rifles. Its not
for everyone, but for me and a couple friends it worked out.
Don't look for the cheapest doc though, you only have one pair of eyes.

I actually have one of those camo net face masks that stretch to fit, i cut out the eye holes and mouth hole, no fogging up. My problem is, my glasses are great for helping me see well for everything, until i step into the woods, something about the woods just really messes up my depth perception. once sitting down im OK, but the walk in, my glasses have to come off and go in a pocket. Cant put my finger on what exactly it is, all them leaves on the ground or all the trees and limbs, or if its just the brown, grey and black shades of color.

Back