22-250 V-Max load?

H380 and varget are both good powders during the winter. But H380 is temp sensitive to very warm temps and I was getting higher fps as the outside temp went up and my shots were hitting the target higher each time I went to the range. varget is great for winter or summer
I use 34 gr varget and 55 gr Vmax I get 3430 fps from my rem 700 22-250 1 in 14 twist I seat my bullets .015 off the lands its where my rifle shoots it best at that speed.

Last edited:
A 50 grain bullet is 50 grain bullet. Start low and work up in small increments of powder to find what shoots best.

I prefer the 50 grain Nosler Ballistic tip.
smile.gif

But the load data works the same with same weight of bullet.

Varget is the powder I use most of the time because it is stable through out the temp ranges. So I can shoot the same loads in winter as summer as my loads are at the top of the pressure range.

38+g of H380 will be a winner...work up in .5g increments, three shot groups.

Highest velocity will be with Win 760, unreal velocity with accuracy. I used the Sierra 50g Spt for coyotes on many hunting trips down to old Mexico. The 50g Sierra Spt will give great penetration on quartering shots, shoulders, and hips...hands down winner.

Keith

Last edited:
H380 & Varget shoot best out both my 22-250 and my 243.

H380 tends to shoot the tightest groups.
Can't wait to load up a few and hit the range!
I have my 40Gr VMax nullets sighted at 1" high at 100 yeards.....anyone know how the 50gr will do compared to that at 100yds? Would it be much differant at 100?

Originally Posted By: SShooterZOriginally Posted By: Crowsniper.17HMRWhat is the best online source for reloading?

Lots out there. Varmint Al has some good info: http://www.varmintal.com/arelo.htm

I would also buy a reloading book. Sierra, Hornady, Lymans all make good reading and have some great info.

Thanks....I will check it out.

Back