Venison Tenderloins

OldTurtle

Moderator - Deceased
I need some help on the best (most tasty) way to fix some prime Venison Tenderloins.... My brother in law gave us a couple of packages when he was here last weekend...

Always before, we have fixed our Venison roasts in a crock pot with some Mushroom soup... But these are just too nice to consider cooking that way, if there is a better recipe or method of fixing them...and cutting them up for a stew is almost sinful...

A simple favorite for me and the wife is to heat an iron skillet with butter, garlic salt and pepper the butterflies and cook until medium rare. Let sit a minute and they'll cook on through. Serve the meat on buttermilk biscuits with prepared horseradish. No need for plates, we don't get away from the kitchen with these
thumbup.gif
. Some people salt and pepper them and run them through flour then fry them. If they were whole loins, I was going to suggest stuffing them with garlic, onion, and mushrooms then wrapping them in bacon and baking it in foil with a cajun rub. I reserved two whole sections of loin for this purpose this year. They are pretty good wrapped in bacon and cooked over a fire too, grill would probably do the same. We always do those in camp and the wife always wonders why the deer I bring home from camp have such small loins compared to the ones I clean at home
rolleyes.gif
. Crockpot with onions and golden mushroom soup is good too. The trick is to not over cook them as they still cook pretty good after you pull them off the heat. They do dry out easily. Now you have me thinking about raiding my freezer
thumbup1.gif

Thanks,,, I printed out your comments and will pass them on to the wife...she has one of our big iron skillets out right now..

stuff a whole one with jalapeno peppers and cream cheese and wrap in bacon and throw it on the grill or wrap in aluminum foil add some onions and potatoes in the foil and toss it in the fire

Was cutting up some deer meat and wrapping it when I remembered this post. What route did you take with the tenderloin and how did it turn out?

Back