My all PM sponsors Frankenstein build is a pretty good shooter. Pics.

12Ring

I decided to step into the AR world and build me a gun. I have wheeled and dealed with a few people on PM and it has always been a good dealling. So when I decided to build a AR I figured I would buy all my parts from people on PM. I am really happy with the way it turned out.

Its a POF upper receiver I bought off Scott Milk
A 18" standard barrel from Black Hole Weaponry
A Dtech hand guard
A DPMS lower receiver
Burris PEPR mount form Joe Bob's
The scope I have had since I was about ten. It's a terrible Bushnell. Gotta upgrade but not right before Christmas.

The trigger was awful. It was like rubbing two files together. I researched and decided to do the 15 minute trigger job and it's leaps and bounds better that it was.

Over all I am real happy with it. It weighs 8.5lbs with everything on it and loaded. Except the bipod. I only put it on there so it would stand up for the picture.

One complaint I have is, I can't get use to the springy feeling when it fires. I wish I could somehow get rid of that rattling.

I have read nothing but good things about Berger bullets so I decided to have my cousins load up some 55gr match graded varmint bullets for me. It shot best with the heaviest and lightest loads they worked up. There were some loads in the middle of these two and they were just under an inch. I wasn't real sure if groups are supposed to be measured from the middle to middle or outside to outside so I measured both. I know I should have shot 5 shot groups but right now I'm just trying to get it close so I can get it out there and kill some yotes with it. Maybe after this winter I will work on getting it dialed in REALLY good.

The date on the camera is wrong. It changes by itself.

100_4877.jpg

100_4876.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4882.jpg

they only thing I can suggest about the springy feeling is try a different stock. all the A2 stocks I have shot have the twang to them. other than that nice looking gun should be a real shooter.

Nice rifle. I know what you mean on that 'twang' in the stock. It is even more noticeable with a suppressor on. Try a different stock; that worked for me. Some guys don't mind that sound but it annoys me too!

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9put some bearing grease on the buffer spring, just a light coat, it will take care of the twang!

Ok cool i'll have to try that cause the twang was driving me nuts.

If you don't get results with greasing the spring, you may
want to try the Tubbs Flat Wire Buffer Spring. Fixes the
SPROING, among other things, and about the only drawback is
the price(around$35).

Squeeze

Agree with both the grease on the buffer spring and flat wire brushing it out. I brushed mine out and you can't even hear it. Spent alot of time on it but I think well worth it. Better than sounded like your dragging through gravel.

Nice looking build. I`m thinking theres a good posibility you will be shooting even tighter groups than that with it.
Yes, measure center to center or greatest distance outside to outside then subtract bullet diameter.
Springy noise ??? I don`t even notice it anymore.

jinxed247- what does it mean `brushing out the spring`?

Originally Posted By: jinxed247Agree with both the grease on the buffer spring and flat wire brushing it out. I brushed mine out and you can't even hear it. Spent alot of time on it but I think well worth it. Better than sounded like your dragging through gravel.

Could you explain Flat wire brushing it out? Sorry but I'm new to AR's and don't know what that is.

Back