Rifle length handguard on a carbine??

Hoyt572

Interested in putting a rifle length hand guard on a 16 inch carbine gun. Was wondering if anyone had any insites or pictures of yours would be GREAT. Thanks

Here's mine. It's the Troy TRX Extreme 11", sorta' like a midlength plus. It'll give you a good idea. That's the M4 cut right at the front of the handguard.

007.jpg

I put a rifle length tube on my 16" 450. I did have to cut the gas block down using a mill, so the tube would not fit over it.
IMG_0775.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Specialized Dynamics 18in .17REM with the first fox I took with it. It has a full length handguard. I like the position it puts my bipod in a little better than my 16in with the carbine handguard.
IMG_0308.jpg

Here is my friend Mark's 16in medium contour SD in .223 with the full length guard.
Marksfox2010005.jpg

And for reference my 16in SD, with the carbine handguard
IMG_2421.jpg

Originally Posted By: HidenseekproHere's mine. It's the Troy TRX Extreme 11", sorta' like a midlength plus. It'll give you a good idea. That's the M4 cut right at the front of the handguard.

007.jpg

Awesome paint job, what a great looking gun.

Thanks Mo, that paint job is stupid easy to do. After masking, I just hold the thing up by the stock like a deat cat and spray Krylon tan for a base coat. Then go back with the brown in random spots and you got that camo pattern.
Touchups are just as easy.

I did the same with mine only I have the Yhm diamond specter length, just remember to get a lopro block and some extra roll pins. I like the feel more and it spreads my BUS out more so I can actually hit stuff past 100 yds.

Here is my Templar tactical upper, 16" Wilson match in .223 Wylde with a full length hand guard, I really like it.
carbine.jpg

I put 15" Midwest Industries Handguard on a 16" .223, a 18" 6.5 Grendel and a 22" 6 DTI. I think the longer handguard looks great an is more functial than a shorter handhuard as you have more options for mounting accs and bracing the rifle. The longer handguard also protects the barrel better and covers more of my SS barrels.

I really like a rifle length tube on a 16" barrel, especially with a midlength gas system. Makes for great a great operating system.

Originally Posted By: HidenseekproThanks Mo, that paint job is stupid easy to do. After masking, I just hold the thing up by the stock like a deat cat and spray Krylon tan for a base coat. Then go back with the brown in random spots and you got that camo pattern.
Touchups are just as easy.

I use a sponge for the color.

Originally Posted By: nastynatesfishI did the same with mine only I have the Yhm diamond specter length, just remember to get a lopro block and some extra roll pins. I like the feel more and it spreads my BUS out more so I can actually hit stuff past 100 yds.

I have the same set-up on my dedicated .22 upper (except w/out the lo-pro gas block). Really like the look and feel. I think it gives it a "cleaner" look. I'm kind of going that way with all of my AR's. I'll even be ordering a rifle length carbon fiber handguard for my 16" AP4 .308.

Back