Carolina Custom Gun Stocks

AL VT

Have any of you guys ever bought a stock from this company? I ordered a custom stock in July. Sent them a money order for it. A guy named Ritchie said he was the owner. Their site doesn't work anymore and now,neither does their email! I called their phone Number and there is a recorded message to leave a message to some voice mailbox and no one calls back??? Anybody live near Snow Hill ,NC? I'm not sure what to do now, anybody have any ideas?

You might want to contact the District Attorney's office too. See if they have a fraud division or a consumer advocate's division. I went through a hassle with a manufacturer years ago and was able to get pressure put on the company from the DA's office.

If you used a Postal Money Order, contact the postmaster of your post office.

Contact the Attorney General Consumer Affairs department in NC.

I contacted the Sheriff in Snow Hill,NC on Sat. Small town , 1000 people,He told me he is just a weekend fill in. He is in that office 3 times a year! Said I need to call the sheriff back on Monday, They do know the guy but no one there knew if he made custom stocks or not. said that it could be an out of the home business. I think I can talk the local sheriff into making a visit for me, There is no doubt that he has cashed the bank check I sent him. Last email I got from him was 8/30 , said the stock was comming along great and "they" would email me in a couple weeks and let me know they were gonna send it out .I Just need to force him to either give the money back or send me the stock I ordered! N.C. is a long drive from NY just to go choke some fool!! I'll keep you posted but I would NOT order anything from this company for a while thats for sure!!!

JAck has a good point. Stocks can take a long time for delivery. I waited 10 weeks for my last stock and it was just a roughed out piece when I got it. Believe it or not I was satisfied with it too. It would make me worry a bit if I sent money and the company dissapeared and E-mail address suddenly stopped working. But my guess is that this guy takes his time in turning out an excellent stock.

Ok here is the scoop, this guy got my money order in early July, I emailed him Aug. 30 to see how the stock was comming. He replyed that it was comming along great and he would email me when it was ready to ship. Then I never heard from him again until I call the sherrif! today he emailed me and said that "they" were having a problem getting the laminated stock blanks from their supplier! said they are offering full refunds to people they told would be 8 weeks for delivery! now my question is why was it comming along great Aug. 30th ,now they are having problems with some supplier? Steer clear of this guy !! I just hope I get my money back! If not I'll let the sherrif make a house call!! What ever happend to honesty?

copy of emails from Carolina Custom gunstocks

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: status on gun stock
To: "Allen"

The gun stock is coming along great. We will email you
when it is ready to ship. We are working on our
website, it should be back up in a few days.
Thanks
Ritchie
--- Allen wrote:

> Hi, I'm looking for information on the stock I
> ordered. Can you give me any information on it? Has
> it been started yet? or Where it is in production?
> I sent your site to 3 guys and they all said it
> wouldn't work , I checked on it myself and it is
> down! I'm sure you probably know it but I thought I
> would pass it along to you. Thanks AL Van Tassel
>

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Gun Sock
To: huntral@yahoo.com

Allen,
This is our temporary email address until we get our site back up. We have been having some problems with our Laminated Stock Blank wholesaler. They have been taking a about a month longer to get our stock blanks to use which has put us behind. We understand that when we tell customers there stocks will be ready in about 8 weeks and it takes longer it is not fair to them. So we have been giving out refunds if that is what the customer wants. I tried to call you this morning and left you a message. I will send a check to you tomorrow for a full refund unless I hear from you today. Again I am sorry about all of this.
Thanks
Ritchie

Clearly the guy came up against supply chain prblems and was attempting to buy some extra time. It may have worked for a time, but now the delays have extended to such a degree that it is impossible to attempt to buy time any longer. He did come clean and is offering complete refunds.

Back