Scope suggestions for Marlin 35rem

Ernest II

Suggestions for scope on a marlin 336 in 35 rem.Can you show pics if you have one? I prefer the looks of a tang or receiver mounted peep but my eyes say SCOPE.
THanks Daryl P.

I don't have a pic but I have a Luepold VX-II 2x7x33 on a 336CS in 30-30 and a 444S, I can't say enough how good this scope setup is on these 2 guns

I agree with Riflemann. A 2x7 Lupy will get the most out of 35 Rem. but no lever action looks good with a scope on it. A scout scope set up don't look to bad.

I've got a Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5x32 on my 35rem and love it. It is a couple inches shorter than the Lupy 2-7 which I have on my wife's model 7. My diamondback also has bdc type lines in it.

[img:left]http://
P1011042.jpg
[/img]

A Leupold VX-II 1x4 or Weaver V-3 make great lever gun scope as they can be mounted very low to match the stock built for iron sights and they have a very large FOV for moving close inwork or they can be turned up to 4x or 3x for as far as a 35 is effective.

AWS

Originally Posted By: Ernest IISuggestions for scope on a marlin 336 in 35 rem.Can you show pics if you have one? I prefer the looks of a tang or receiver mounted peep but my eyes say SCOPE.
THanks Daryl P.

3x9 scope anything, by...the best man that ever lived................And for his cool,intellectual Post, .............with NO, Arrogance or Back-Stabbing, again a HUMBLE Man...

Last edited:
I have used every scope mentioned on my lever guns. All are pretty good. I've used Weaver 2.5x20s, and 2-7x28s. Leupys in the form of 2-7x33, M7s, M8s, 1-4x20s, 1.75-6x32s, and 1.5-5x20s. Also a bunch of older Redfields and Lymans in various forms.

I could happily get by with a fixed 2.5x20 Leupy or Weaver, and have. They are both tough and reliable. I beat the living crap out of a 2.5x20 Weaver for years, and couldn't kill it. I paid $100 for it. Money well spent.

That said, the VX3 1.5-5x20 remains a personal favorite. I feel it is one of the very best scopes Leupold makes, and I have pretty much owned them all. I own them with both standard duplex and heavy duplex. For a brush gun in low light, the heavy duplex is an excellent choice IMO.......

Originally Posted By: Mike21Huh?
confused.gif

Huh indeed!
Looks like someone's been in the Scamper Juice again.
grin.gif

To the OP.
I could never find it in me to put a scope on a lever gun, but I sure do understand what your eyes are telling ya.
I'd go with any low powered 20mm scope as long as it's a Lupold.

Luck

Originally Posted By: getfoxyScamper juice!!! Lol! That's a new one (to me anyway)

Actually it's an old one Gary
I stole it from an episode of Gunsmoke.

John Wayne ain't got chit on Festus Hagen and his mule Ruth.
cool.gif

Yea,,, Festus was originally a Wolfer.
That's good enough for me. LOL

Ken,,, didn't James Arnes die recently?
He was the best.

To the OP,,, now that we've completly trashed your thread,, take a trip over to Marlinowners.com.
Some really good guys over there that live and die for those old lever guns.
Luck

Back