2011 Season
Days Hunted: 91
No. Stands: 205
Game Seen/ Killed
Coyotes: 40/18 (2 by 37L1)
Bobcats: 6/0
Coon: 4/1
Fox: 4/1

I saw this slide show a couple of days ago. Yes, this is why we hunt coyotes. I have gotten one per year for the last 11 years. I hope these old bones and old eyes can bring me to continue my run for the 12th year.

It's not pleasant to see, but it's a fact of life in the wild. And yes, it is ONE of the reasons I hunt Coyotes.
Even though the deer has been hurt and harrassed, I can't imagine him not moving out of that one spot in that amount of time.

Shayne

Coyotes being coyotes. It is partially why, just one of the reasons why I hunt coyotes.

This is the ammunition you need to get hunting permission almost anywhere. It wouldn't be a bad idea to print those pictures off to show some of the farmers you ask.
Great stuff, I wouldn't have expected only 2 or 3 coyotes to handle that big buck deer the way they did.

If you show that to a farmer he ain't gonna let you hunt. Deer destroy crops and anything that destroys deer is welcome on their place. I personally wish the coyotes would wipe out the deer in these parts but I don't see it happening. With the damage deer do around here I can't believe they haven't turned a bunch of wolves loose.

Originally Posted By: cawilson82If you show that to a farmer he ain't gonna let you hunt. Deer destroy crops and anything that destroys deer is welcome on their place. I personally wish the coyotes would wipe out the deer in these parts but I don't see it happening. With the damage deer do around here I can't believe they haven't turned a bunch of wolves loose. I personally don't see deer harming the types of crops most farmers in Tennessee raise. I think when he said farmers, he was leaning more forward cattle and livestock farmers anyways. These pictures would be good ammunition to show any bird/squirrel/rabbit hunters along with farmers with livestock in your area.

id rather give a deer my corn/soybeans then coyotes my calves!!!!!! especially with cattle prices the way they are...

those are amazing pics. cant believe they were caught on trail camera like that. wow...

Two of the major crops in Tennessee are soybeans and corn. Deer do devastating damages to both. I'm just saying you take those pictures to a farmer that has row crops don't expect to get permission.

Well in MI on our farms the geese, turkey's and racoons do most the damage in corn. Deer will chew on thier share but at least they don't eat the whole plant like the geese and turkey do in the spring. Only deer damage I have seen in beans was high deer traffic areas. Woodchucks, geese and turkey munch down them young beans. Those pics. are sad but that buck was either sick or a puss. I know his rack was too soft but his legs could have done something to defend himself. I have seen a doe kick the crap out of yote defending her fawn and she did not give up until it left. My $.02 RR

O ya turkeys and coons do their fair share here too. When they plant corn the turkeys will wipe out a whole lot of seed. They say groundhogs use to be bad here but that was before my time.

Back