fur buyer in western Nebraska?

204 AR

Any of you sell fur to Petska before? I found a coyote today while track inspecting (RR) and broght it to him. I thought it looked pretty good when I picked it up but didn't have a ton of time to look it over. But wow was that guy rude, "roadkill is never any good, I wish you guys would stop bringing in stuff" and on and on and on about "everyone just trying to make a buck". He looked it over, said "see there, starting to get mange." But instead of putting it back in my truck he walked off with it and threw it in his dumpster, cussing the whole way. "I gotta pay $20 a ton to get rid of this stuff!" And a lot of things I can't repeat here. I told him to put it back, I'd take care of it, but he wouldn't. I even wondered if it was a ruse to get it for free, I couldn't see the mange he was yelling about.

I just can't believe anyone trying to run a profitable business would treat people like that, but I know I won't take him anything again!

Just wondered if any of you know this guy, or who you sell fur to. All I'll have to sell are coyotes from calling or the occasional coon.

I have not sold any fur in a couple of years, but the guys that come through North Platte are generally pretty good. I think that I would be tempted to call and complain about that idiot. My guess is that he was trying to get it for free and I'll bet it did not stay in the dumpster. Was that at the Alliance store?

Originally Posted By: sbhooperI have not sold any fur in a couple of years, but the guys that come through North Platte are generally pretty good. I think that I would be tempted to call and complain about that idiot. My guess is that he was trying to get it for free and I'll bet it did not stay in the dumpster. Was that at the Alliance store?

Yeah, at the Alliance store off of Kansas St. I'm not sure but I think it was the owner, I don't know how many people work for him. I wondered too if he wanted it for free, but if I was in his shoes, trying to do that, I would have gone about it all different. I would have said "well lets take a look. Uhoh, see a little mange there, I can't buy him off of you. If you want I'll dispose of it, but I can't use it." The way this guy went about it guarantees he'll never see me or any more free fur from me again.

Just kind of shocking, the attitude that dude had. I used to run a remodeling business, and if I had used that attitude every time someone had a project that was less than appetizing, I'd have been out of business pretty quick.

I've never seen the guy but a few guys I work with deal with him and says he is a little sketchy......not sure if we have many options around here for selling dogs.

I have sold to Petske on a couple occassions and found him and his staff to be fair and decent. In fact after one sale he gave me a beautiful pair of leather insulated gloves as a thank you for doing business with him.

Stay away from the whole Petska crew.Tried to sell to them several times and each time I got screwed worst than the time before..are their any legit fur buyers left???

Petskas live in Ord, Nebraska. I do not know who they have in charge of the Alliance store, but I would call and complain about your service. They NEED furs as that is their business. They should not be driving business away.

I have not sold furs in a couple of years, but the dealings that I have had with Greg Petska have been good. I could not have gotten much more if I sent the fur to auction and I did not have to wait on the money. I will see what happens if I get any fur caught after the first of the year as I do not know who is running this part of his route anymore.

Petska fur runs a super fur buying bussiness and have sold to them for years with no problems. Roger bussey is the guy who runs the business in alliance, ne and is a great guy. Here's one thing to always remember that if you don't agree with what your offered then you have the choice to not sell and if you sell then it must have been alright.

It doesn't sound like the original poster had a choice has his fur was thrown in the trash.

This will be the first year I've sold furs so I'll ppost back once I have first hand experience. I've only heard hear say at this point.

Best of luck to all guys selling right now.

Would not sell a thing to Petska Furs. They are usually two-three dollars lower than any other dealer.
Rather drive over to Wahoo to sell there..

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKBusiness is business. Rudeness is rude. Rudeness to clients or staff is pi$$ poor business.

Yip, exactly my point, I don't know the market anymore and wouldn't be too concerned about a low-ball offer, but this guy was just an a$$.

If everything goes well, sometime in the next few weeks I will be trying them out on a pile of rats. It will be interesting to see how I am treated. If he is bad, I will take my toys and go home after which I will be complaining to the boss.

Back