Fox hunting in Central Utah

Chover

I would like to pose a questions to all the guru's on here. I will be in central Utah for Christmas and want to help a local farmer with his problem Fox population. My question is, what sounds do you all use for Red Fox around this time of year? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Do decoy's work well with them? I haven't called any before, just shot them when I saw them while I was out in the fields. Thanks again.

Haven't called any Reds but for Greys smaller decoys lower to the ground seem to work better. It doesn't seem to scare them as bad. When I use a Mojo Critter or FoxPro BlackJack I push them in the ground at an angle so the topper is closer to the ground. If there is a brush pile I will simply stick the decoy in sideways low to the ground. Works well for me!!!
smile.gif

I call in reds in central Utah every year. I start with high pitched rodent sounds. Then go to bird or cotton tail. I leave the caller going but not blaring. They can be called for sure. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I will try and get em to come in. I will post pics when and if we get them to come. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By: JustinRobinsBirds in distress, rodents in distress, or any busy sound.

+1

Start off low on the e-caller as well.

Chover,

Just answered this in another post. Play our Eastern Cottontail for 4-5 minutes, then switch to Bay Bee Cottontail. It's been working great for me.

The bird sounds, such as Titmouse Tantrum and Nutty Nuthatch have been working great too.

If you need some more help, shoot me an email to mike@gofoxpro.com.

Mike Dillon

Back