Foxpro Spitfire vs, Primos Turbo dogg

I've got the same question. I've got the Wildlife Tech caller and I really regret getting it. I need to upgrade. I like the thought of Randy Hamilton doing a series of calls. (Turbo Dog) But Foxpro is talked about so much I'd like to know from the guys who have knowledge in the field.

Originally Posted By: 2 Card
I've got the same question. I've got the Wildlife Tech caller and I really regret getting it. I need to upgrade. I like the thought of Randy Hamilton doing a series of calls. (Turbo Dog) But Foxpro is talked about so much I'd like to know from the guys who have knowledge in the field.

You got a WT caller and really regret it? Please, please I need to hear more. WHY do you regret it?

And who is Randy Hamilton? Isn't he like an old washed up figure skater? Could you possibly mean Randy Anderson?

Edit again: I see ya got the Randys straightened out.

Edit: never mind I think the skater was maybe Scott Hamilton.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I have a Spitfire & like it. I think it's a pretty good caller for the money.

I have never used or hunted over the other caller so I have no way to compare them.

I also have the Spitfire, and I'm not sure what to think. It seems to work flawlessly, is plenty loud for me, but I rarely, if ever, seem to call in a coyote with it. I realize I'm pretty new to coyote hunting, but I saw a thread the other day where several others were saying how much more game they called in using a "different" caller, than they ever did with their Foxpro. They were talking about the actual Foxpro sounds not sounding as good as this "other" caller!?!

I know that I'm still learning when it comes to set-ups, keeping still, approaching the stand, using the wind..........but I've hunted many, many, many, many, many stands where I've not even called one in (to my knowledge). Just got me wondering if I should consider changing up some sounds or something.......

I have a Spitfire and it has had about 25 dogs killed over it the last year and a half. It has worked flawlessly, I am selling it but only to upgrade to a scorpion I bought used.
Foxpro is in the business of making callers, Primo put's their name on callers.

Originally Posted By: mtngroanI have a Spitfire and it has had about 25 dogs killed over it the last year and a half. It has worked flawlessly, I am selling it but only to upgrade to a scorpion I bought used.
Foxpro is in the business of making callers, Primo put's their name on callers.

I hear what you're saying, but IDK?!? Again, I'm not questioning the caller itself at all, just wondering if the sounds that I've got loaded are over-used by other hunters in my area, or whether they just don't sound authentic. Again, I'm not putting all of the blame or the expectation on the caller, I'm mainly just curious if it's helping me at all or whether I should start to focus more on learning to use mouth calls...

mofireman,. if your worried about your sounds, why not change them? Foxpro has a bunch you can pick from and there are CDs of sounds you can load, heck varmit al has free MP3 you can download and put on your spitfire if you desire, with all the sounds available Im sure you could find some that arent over used.

I run a Turbo Dogg by Primos and yes thier name is on it...It has a great selection and I added a few calls from varmint Al's site. To date four coyotes no longer roam around due to this call and I only had it a short time. For the money it is a good call and is user friendly. Added a Mojo Critter as a distractent and together they are dynamite.

I have a spitfire and it works really well. I have downloaded sounds of the internet for free that I have on there, but the stock sounds on it work just as good for calling in coyotes around here. The only regret I have is I wish I would have saved and got a foxpro model with the foxbang feature. The remote range is not real far but I only set it out about 30 yrds from me, and it works good as long as you dont set it out much farther than that. I dont know about the primos caller, but if you cannot download new sounds to it I would definatley go with the spitfire.

The Primos has expert hunts on it and the availability to create your own hunts. As for downloads thier techies are putting together calls that are suppose to be available this month but on another note you can download MP3 calls from the internet and put then on this call. I added AC/DC Hells Bells to it as a final site song as I pack it in to move on...ya gotta have fun.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: 2 Card

You got a WT caller and really regret it? Please, please I need to hear more. WHY do you regret it?

I was wondering the same thing. I've got an MA21 and coudn't be happier with it.

Shayne

Originally Posted By: 58thecat I added AC/DC Hells Bells to it as a final site song as I pack it in to move on...ya gotta have fun.

If I could program my MA21, I thought about Thunderstruck or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Maybe Springsteens Born in the USA.

Shayne

I have had them both. Spitfire worked great. However, I sold it to my friend . I then thought I would try the Turbo Dogg as it seemed to have some neat features. It did not hardly work at all. Sometimes I couldn't get the remote to work at 10 feet. I tried elevating and that helped some (maybe 30 feet). I emailed Primos customer service and it was several days before I received a reply. I finally just sent it back for a refund. I am not saying Primos Turbo Dogg is not a good call, I just had a bad experience with it. I am now waiting on my new FoxPro Wildfire. FoxPro customer service is top notch.

How about the weight of these callers. I have the old Johnny Stewart Cassette caller and it is a heavy SOB. Not that I can't handle it but why would I keep using it if I can get a new light weight one if they are really that much lighter. I have never seen one except in a magazine so I don't know how big they are. Some one said something about the volume on the fox pro. Does it have volume control on the remote?

Back