Hunting in Kansas

RSG2

Hello,
I'm gonna be getting stationed at Ft. Riley,Ks in October and i was wondering what the predator hunting in that area is like ?

It is good, both for coyotes and lots of bob kittys too. Some public lands around Tuttle Creek(approx. 12,200 acres), and also Milford Wildlife area not too far away has another 19,000 acres, but I believe if I guy put some foot work in, you could find some private lands to hunt on, just got to do some asking around, and don't let a few "no hunting on my land" deter ya. And that part of Ks. has some hard to beat deer hunting too. Good Luck!

I graduated from KSU in 99 and hunted predators on the fort and on tuttle creek. I had good luck both places. They are two great resources. I did not take the full advantage of those two places like I should have. I should have been out there every chance I got. Also the crow hunting was excellent up on tuttle creek when I was there. I often saw flocks of several hundred. good luck!

Hi i bird hunted alot in Ks around Russell Ks and Hays my uncle lives there and i seen alot of coyotes there and some cats too would jump them bird hunting and killed a few with with heavy 5's i am going back this winter coyote hunting i talk to a farmer that has 2,800 Acres and he dont hunt he said i could hunt all i wanted to cant wait VM

ONE SHOT ONE KILL :eek:

RSG2,

My e/m is wildside@kansas.net. When you get settled, drop me a line. I'm 25 miles west of Ft. Riley and would be more than happy to take you with me on occasion this fall/ winter. Always happy to hunt with another coyote hunter. And you'll find our hunting here to be a little different from what you had in WV.

Lance

Went to college in that general vicinity. You should be able to find several ranchers in the Flint Hills around there and to the south that want some coyotes removed.

Pretty country them Flint Hills--big and rolling, esspecially in the spring when the grass greens up. Don't get lost, and especially don't get caught in a blizzard out there; you may not make it back.

Back