Do any of you feed your dogs coyote meat?

Oh gag a maggot Scott. I bet coyote would make a buzzard throw up. I may be wrong though.
ohmy.gif

i feed alot of raw meat but not coyote, not sure mine would, never thought about it. i guess my question is why? by the way scott i got the text, to answer your question i would say yes, but it might get bigger, i like to wait till about a year or alittle older

[beeep], I don't know why. I branded him last night. It didn't puff up like when I've branded horses. Maybe my iron wasn't cold enough?

In all of my years, I have never heard of feeding anything coyote meat. I cook up lots of scrap deer meat for the dogs and they have loved that. I'll leave the coyote meat for the crows and turkey vultures. That is quite a beautiful puppy you have there though.

Never fed coyote meat to my dogs, I don't know if they would even eat it. I throw skinned ones on the ground out side the shop, and they have never touched them.Come to think of it, it's the only thing I found that these garbage eaters won't eat. HAHAHAH!!!!!

Most of my dogs won't touch a coyote carcass...but my pit Mattie and my pen full of Dorn bred pups will eat one in a heartbeat. Gunner will slick the fat off of one, but won't eat on it. None will touch one, if it still has the hide on it.

I had a good buddy/houndsman in Illinois that would cook 10-15 coyotes carcasses at at time in 55 gallon barrels over a fire. He always had good conditioned hounds. He did what he had to do to feed 30+ hounds.

Tony

I don't feed mine coyotes on purpose, but I do have one the will rip meat and eat it from a dead one.

Then again mine are partial to a fresh cow pie now and again.
Kelly

I was just checking, I thought I might be getting my leg pulled. I'm afraid my "anonymous" source will choose to remain "anonymous!" I'm just feeding 1 and a half dogs, so hopefully I can continue to buy store bought! My dog did put a good gnawin' on a coyote skeleton today though.

Back