My Specialized Dynamics 6.5 Grendel

BOBTAILS

I just got my new 6.5 grendel from Scott at SD. This thing is light at 8.5 lbs. the way you see it. I was lucky to get one of his last BHW barrels
thumbup1.gif
. Specs are,

Specialized Dynamics upper
22" fluted BHW barrel
Side charger
Alaxender Arms BCG

I hope to get some rounds loaded up and shot soon. It seems to be hard to get anything done though since I am working out in wyoming all week, every week
cursing.gif
! But I wanted to get you guys some pics, no drooling on your computers
thumbup.gif
!!
IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

Beautiful Rob! I like the side charge and barrel machining on that one. Very slick. Scott gets on the Christmas Card list after that one.

I also have a BHW barrel. Try 123 g. Amax and 28 grains of 8208XBR. I got 2600 fps. out of a 20" barrel and with great average velocity and excellent accuracy! I really like the fluteing and the side charge upper!

my SD Grendel with the BHW barrel loves the factory hornady also. was just on sale at midway and i stocked up. shoots consistant under .5" at 100.

Nice looking rig. That side charger looks SWEET. I just loaded some 85gr sierra's with 29gr of 8208xbr. I had a 4 shot group almost in one hole, I showed Scott this weekend at Worlds. Let us know if you find a load for the 107.

Very nice rig. I am running a 18" BHW 6.8 that is also very accurate. The 3groove poly is also easy to clean. It's too bad some of the relationships broke down.

Very nice looking rifle Bobtails. The Grendel is a pretty much do most anything round imo. I am sure it is a shooter-you need to break it in on some of those WY coyotes. TTT

Originally Posted By: KingzeroThat is sweet
drool.gif
. Im digg'n the side charge receiver.

Was it more $$ for it as opposed to the standard rear charger?

It is a little more, but I am really digging it. It is well worth it IMHO.

Back