Crow Hunting?

223YoteBoy

Can I shoot crows in Arizona? My dad tells me that you cant, but I blow them outta the trees any chance I get. Just wonderin if I should stop.

Colorado and a lot of other states have these little booklet thingies put out by the fish and game department that will tell you if and when you can shoot such critters as crows.

I'm sure Arizona has something similar. Might be a good idea if you were to get one and do a little reading. Always good to know first hand about the actual rules and regulations where you live and hunt. Once you know, then you can tell dear old dad if he's right or wrong.

California has a season on crows.I'm like you and used to just blast em,now at least I know about the season.We get depredation permits quite often in the fruit and nut trees around here.Get an owl and a case of shells---FUN

Thats the loop hole in the Texas rules, technically they are protected under the migratory bird thing but can be killed for depredation.

They can be shot before, during or after depredation which is all the time.

Crow season.... What a freakin joke!! I live in a "small" city and they have crows roosting and crapping all over the place. They have to pay this local guy to drive around during the winter nights with his John Deer garden tractor and chase them from one neighborhood to another.... But,,,,

We can only shoot them from Sept 1st to March 31st.. It gets better,,,, we can only hunt them Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays!!!!

They must have one [beeep] of a union!!lol

Arizona has crows and ravens.
Ravens are bigger 24 in. tall, wingspan 40 to 48 in. and their tail in flight is V shaped and their top beak curves down over the bottom beak. Ravens are protected in AZ.

Crows are 17 in. tall, wingspan 30 to 36 in. and their tail in flight is rounded and their beaks meet at the front.

I say SHOOT first and ask questions later.
They will come into a wounded rabbit call.
They all look the same to ME
Tarey

Keep up the good work.

If I remember correctly it was the migratory bird treaty of 1918 as ammended in 1972 that covered owls, hawks, eagles and the family Corvidae (crows, ravens etc.), plus several other families, I think cormorants were also included in this ammendment.

Originally Posted By: fastbasserWe can only shoot them from Sept 1st to March 31st.. It gets better,,,, we can only hunt them Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays!!!!

They must have one [beeep] of a union!!lol

Pa crows are unionized also:

Hunting permitted July 1 to April 8.
Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays only..

In Show Low and east of you, there are both Crows and Ravens. You have more ravens than crows though. Be careful of what you are shooting!! You can end up losing quite a bit if you shoot a raven and someone reports you!! I wouldn't risk it if you cannot distinguish the difference between the two.

editted to add: THERE IS A SEASON ON THEM TOO> check the AZ regs, cant remember the months because all we have in the lower desert is Ravens.

Last edited:
Back