Fish smell

cracker

after cleaning fish all day how do you get the smell off you're hands. heres what i do.1 wash hands with dawn dish soap, this takes care of the oils from the fish. 2 rub listerine mouth wash over hands this mask the odor. # wash with dawn again. this is the best that i have come up with and have tried many ideas. if you have a sure fire way please share it with me. i spend many full eight hour days cleaning fish, not because i'm lucky enough to fish alot but because I'm a taxidermist by trade.
Sportingly
Cracker

Stainless steel bar.... :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Don't laugh yet. They make a stainless steel bar that is in the shape of a bar of soap. After washing with the dawn the first time you use it with a little soap of any kind and it will kill the smell..

The longer that you have the fish oils on your hands the harder it is to kill the smell.

My hands are rough, and dry so the absorb just about anything that smells.. Takes a lot to kill the smell of fish from them but it works.

I've had that little object for so long I don't even remeber the name of the company that puts them out. Try Bass Pro, Cabelas and such. You might find one locally also......James L.

Here's what I do. Crack a few beers and have a sandwitch. The smell will go away sooner or later.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here is what I do and it works great. First, wash your hands with Dawn dish soap and then wash your hands with Original formula Head and Shoulders shampoo. My grandpa taught me this and it works like a dream. It has to be "Original" formula Head and Shoulders.

Lemons. Just cut a fresh lemon in half, and squeeze the juice on your hands after you wash with the soap and water. Wipe dry a couple seconds later, and your all set. Orange GOJO works pretty good too.

I sometimes work on the carburetor of my 54 ford tractor. Seems to really cut the fish smell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, anybody know where (which state) toothpaste was invented?

I don't know which state, but it was invented by a Redneck, or it would have been called Teethpaste. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

A concentrated lye solution will remove the offending skin in no time..
icon53.gif

Thanks for the tip W@W. I think I'll try to incorporate some in my formula for retroactive birth control. :eek: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take two small balls of cotton, place seven drops of skunk musk on each cotton ball. Now push em up your nose. Let Redfrog test it out for ya, I mean THAT frog will try anything at least once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

here is one solution that is totally off the wall and will not cost anything to try.

dried sodium chloride(table salt). the abrasive action of the salt help remove the layer of skin that is impregnate with the fish oil. Basically the same thing is happening when you use the GOJO(it has pumice in it).

Sean

I leave it on.I fish lobster,scallops and groundfish here on the east-coast where the smell of lobster bait is "the smell of money" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Old sayin' here amongst the herring seiners is "if ya got scales on yer boots,ya got good credit" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Citrus/orange works good in an emergency,like a hot date with a hot farm girl.And if she shows up with manure on her boots,don't worry,be happy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back