Tebbe calls a cat

cawilson82

been pretty miserable weather here the last week and it finally turned nice outside. so i took off to a place i've killed a coyote before with hopes of getting another this afternoon. it was kinda early when i got set up so i just played some woodpecker on pretty low volume. after five minutes an owl proceeded to give my mojo a serious butt kicking and almost knocked my decoy over. well another five minutes goes by with the owl wathching everything real close and the decoy falls over. i go silent for about five minutes and slip up and set the decoy back up. start playing some grey fox distress as this spot holds a few fox and i like playing with them. the only time i shoot fox is during tournaments but really enjoy watching them come in all huffed up. once again i never got very loud and after ten more minutes of nothing showing i go quiet. i throw out some female invitation howls and wait a little bit and throw out another invite. after waiting five minutes i start playing Tony Tebbe's free download of cowtip cottontail on half volume. two minutes later a bobcat eases out about 85 yards away. i let the call run and he sits on his butt and just watches for a few minutes as cats tend to do. its getting pretty dark and he's not moved a muscle so i get on him and lay the smack down. this was a female and my third cat since january. yep cats will come after howls for sure. thanks for the sounds Tony. [img:center]
DSCF1262.jpg
[/img]

Thanks guys ya the cats are pretty cool.

6mm the gun is just a rock river 16 in bbl. Hornady 55 grain v max. By far the most cut damage ever on a cat for me. He was sitting slightly quartering to me. Exit hole was almost as big as my fist.

Hey digging my 1950 model scales said 16 lbs. Though I think she was a little heavier. I've got two friends wanting bobcats to mount so this is going to one of them.

Back