Brand New 22-250 AR15

Originally Posted By: dzlfarmboyOriginally Posted By: r15 reeperCurious on what just a lower will run with mag.

Just got quoted $206 for the stripped lower & bolt latch.

Mag's are seperate at about $100

Ouch! not sure If I should bite the bullet to shoot these VLD's or just build a custom bolt gun.
^bout that much.

I told a friend of mine about these and he now has one. He has run a few mags thru it so far and he said it functioned perfectly. I will post up more info as I get it.

Originally Posted By: CanineKillaIs there going to be a shorter barrel version? Who wants to lug around a 24" heavy barrel. Thanks

If you really have to have one, just have the barrel shortened and recrowned.

Interesting that results were not good with the faster twists. Possibly having to seat bullets to deep ?

1/14 twist would be a no go for me otherwise, I would want one.

I did like the 22 WSSM from Oly....shot very well and would handle the heavier bullets. I sold it, but it was a shooter.

Some day make it in the faster twist and you will have something. 1/14 is just to dam slow for good all around.

I love the idea but I won't lug a heavy barrel. Been there done that. Give me a light 22 inch barrel-lose the rails on the handguard and I will buy one tomorrow. I want to buy a light walking around calling rifle not buy something I have to modify.
Just my thoughts.

Originally Posted By: shermanrmI love the idea but I won't lug a heavy barrel. Been there done that. Give me a light 22 inch barrel-lose the rails on the handguard and I will buy one tomorrow. I want to buy a light walking around calling rifle not buy something I have to modify.
Just my thoughts.

Just call in and tell the sales staff that is the configuration you would like. The current wait time is 2-4 weeks but this would extend that while we are waiting for the 22" barrel to be made.

I was interested in the 6/250 or 6mm international until some research revealed that the 6/250 has some case stretching issues. The ackley treatment fixes that, but then you are still left with a 243'esque neck which is pretty short for the long bullets and causes you to have to crowd your powder space. For the 80-90 gr bullets I would think it would do nicely though, but if I wanted to run the 107's i would look into the 6xc by david tubb. The 6xc has the shoulder pushed back a bit, and a 30 degree shoulder; though the straight wall may not lend itself to an auto loader very well. Ymmv, i have no first hand experience with either of these rounds, just what i have read....on the internet, so it must be true.

Going to order a stripped lower and upper receiver....the plan is work on a couple of wildcats off the case length that this will shoot.

Originally Posted By: chickenlegI was interested in the 6/250 or 6mm international until some research revealed that the 6/250 has some case stretching issues. The ackley treatment fixes that, but then you are still left with a 243'esque neck which is pretty short for the long bullets and causes you to have to crowd your powder space. For the 80-90 gr bullets I would think it would do nicely though, but if I wanted to run the 107's i would look into the 6xc by david tubb. The 6xc has the shoulder pushed back a bit, and a 30 degree shoulder; though the straight wall may not lend itself to an auto loader very well. Ymmv, i have no first hand experience with either of these rounds, just what i have read....on the internet, so it must be true.

There are serveral different versions of the 6 INT out there. I think any of the VLD bullets would be very tough to make work, I personally looking at other cases like the 47mm lapua.

Back