Ruger 177 cal air hawk rifle combo

varmit_master

My picked the gun and scope up at Walmart as a combo. The add said 1200 fps but all the other adds said 1000 fps. I talk to one guy that chronograph the first 5 shots the highest 1342 fps then it dropped down to around a 1000 fps. He said you had to try different pellets to find the one for a tack driver. I bought some 4.2 high velocity pellets but he said they was to light. He said it would hurt the spring shooting to light of ones. I pick up some crossman 177 cal Destroyer half pointed/hollow points never seen any before. They are like 7.8 grs. Going to buy weaver rings and put on it. It come with a set kind of look too lite. And going to look at a bigger better scope. It came with a Ruger 4x32mm. Ok until I make me a list to order some stuff and order a better one. Here in Arkansas u can bait deer and there is a bunch of tree rats around them. My 9 yr old boy can't wait to go and hunt some. She paid 78.00 dollars for the combo on black friday. Walmart .com they did have them for around 129.99 . Does anybody esle on here use a air rifle for tree rats. My dad has a Gamo that shoots 960 fps I have killed a skunk opossums coons armadillos crows tree rats rabbits and it is a 177 cal. Well let ya know how the gun shoots and posts some kills with it. Vm

i hunt with airguns exclusively for small game. the ruger is made by a company called b.a.m . it is a copy of the rws 34. they are a good gun and i know a lot of people who own them and like them alot. i have the rws 34 it patterned after which is made in germany. realisticly with normal lead pellets, expect high 800- low 900fps range. your friend is right, do NOT shoot the alloy pellets out of your gun. you will ruin the piston seal and the spring. keep it 7 grains and up to 9 grains pellet weight for that powerplant. use the "artillery hold" when you shoot it. gun held loosely and just tucked into the shoulder. also dont try to rest the forearm the way you would a powdergun. you have to keep it in your hand and rest your hand on something. give the gun time to settle down before you expect real accuracy from it. if you do this, you will be impressed and probably wont hunt squirrels with anything but the airgun anymore! they are deadly out to abt 50+ yards in the right hands! feel free to pm me if you have any questions. i'm a die hard airgunner and have over 70 of them now

He is just going to watch me. May let him take his davycricket 22 with shorts I put a red dot on it and he can shoothit it great with it ty vm.

Don't put a regular scope on it the forward recoil will tear the scope up. You have to use a scope made for an air rifle.

Back