Binocular harness?

I use the Crooked Horn Outfitters one. They are very nice, once on. But they can be fun to GET on. LOL. I think most of the knock off ones are close, but the price difference is negligible, so I got the name brand ones. I like em, for sure.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I use the Crooked Horn Outfitters one. They are very nice, once on. But they can be fun to GET on. LOL. I think most of the knock off ones are close, but the price difference is negligible, so I got the name brand ones. I like em, for sure.

Plus, I have gotten great customer service from them in the past...

I had both a brand name and a knockoff. I can't tell the difference...

But as has been said. Don't drink and try and put it on or you may be there a while..
wink.gif

I have two friends that have the Badlands Bino Case (another link) and they both love it.
After seeing them in use, I am tempted to get one myself, but they are $70
The weight is well distributed, it's got a somewhat rigid compartment for the binos to rest in, magnetic closure so no zippers or snaps to futz with.
I think if you can find them in the store and try it on, you would like it.
I just don't like the price...

AGC (Alaska Guide Creations) is what we use, Jaret offers the most camo patters, not to mention he is the pioneer of the bino pack, lots of extra pouches to put windicator powder, hand calls, ballistic info, extra ammo, range finder, gps, etc in... I trust Jarets design when putting on stalks and crawling into position, over a pack that is magnetic, AGC is a great piece of equipment... not to mention he makes it a point to have it manufactured in the USA, and you cant beat that.

DSC09023.jpg

DSC09020.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

I use the Crooked Horn style but will be changing after this fall. I'm not a big fan of the elastic hanging down when crawling on deer in a corn field with a bow in my hand. My swarovski's got packed full of dust/dirt.

skinney - Way to represent the Jacks!
thumbup.gif

Skinney, how much do those run? I am interested in something like that. I just got water in my dang Steiners yesterday after hunting and riding in the rain for 2 hours. I am less than pleased with them binos that's for sure. By the way I was using the crooked horn bino system.

If I can get the water out, I will be gettin something else to put them in around my neck.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: Rammerskinney - Way to represent the Jacks!
thumbup.gif

More like Jacked! Lay off the "juice"!!

J/K
man... if you only knew the kind of training i do @ 4a.m. being a former college athlete, makes the hunting season like a walk in the park... lol.

Originally Posted By: gonzagaSkinney, how much do those run? I am interested in something like that. I just got water in my dang Steiners yesterday after hunting and riding in the rain for 2 hours. I am less than pleased with them binos that's for sure. By the way I was using the crooked horn bino system.

If I can get the water out, I will be gettin something else to put them in around my neck.
the multicam are a bit more $$$ simply because the camo pattern is more expensive, the packs on his site are usually 60.00 and Jaret is great to deal with.

60.00 bucks is way cheaper than having to send my binos back and forthto the shop to get the water out of them. Well at least I know who found the self motivation that I USED to have....lol. Don't let em give you any grief over them guns, at least your modest and call yourself Skinney. I would go with "the hulk" if I was bringing guns like that....lol.

I will give Jaret a call. I had to look at the SH to see the same info that you guys shared...lol. Impatient?....just a little,,ha ha

If you got water inside your binos, you've got bigger problems than a case will solve. I'd send 'em to Steiner first, and Ebay second.

That's what I am thinking buster. This isn't my first go round with this pair of binos, it's getting old.

Have you tried the Cabelas Euro's yet?

Originally Posted By: BusterIf you got water inside your binos, you've got bigger problems than a case will solve. I'd send 'em to Steiner first, and Ebay second.
get a bino pack and you wont have to worry about you nocks getting full of water!!!

i have a cheap butler creeck one and it works great. the only thing i had to do was put key rings on the attatchment point on the binos to be able to use the clips on the harness. other than that ive had it for over a year and its worked great and held up pretty dam good. theres no cover to fuss with other than the bino caps and i usually leave those off when im out hunting. and it was prettty cheap around 20 bucks if i remeber correctly

for what its worth, ive tried most, most recently the lockdown, and after liking it at first im am growing less fond of it every time i use it. im ordering the AGC pack.

by the way Skinney, got any motivation i can borrow cuz i want to look like you dude.lol

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogs
by the way Skinney, got any motivation i can borrow cuz i want to look like you dude.lol
LOL... I sure do buddy, we are working on a video thats gonna get you motivated to kill dogs!!! you make a trip out to SD and i'll put you through one of my training sessions and you'll be benching and hang cleaning over 400, squating and dead lifting over 600, and climbing those mountains like they were a downward slope!!!

Back