Best Electronic Call????

walleyes13

I'm looking at buying a new electronic caller and what was the best one out there? I have a really old one that works and I have killed alot of dogs with it but am looking at a new one with more sounds and range. Does anyone have experience, pros and cons????? Thanks.

There will be lots of opinions on that question. Most on here will say Foxpro which is no doubt good, but I went with a Wildlife Tech MA21 for the awsome sounds it produces with amazing volume.
If I was looking at something different, the Foxpro CS24 would be up there.
Neither of these are "cheap", but I'm very happy with the MA21, and have heard nothing but good things about the Foxpro CS24 also.
There is a lot of e calls out there to choose from.
On the less ezpensive side the Flextone Echo would seen like a good choice for under $150 I believe.
Lioncaller is a sponser here and a pm to him could help in your decision. He owns Wildlife Callers and is very knowladgable on all of the above mentioned callers. He will help you with what you need.

Shayne

I've been a fan of Foxpro for quite awhile, they make very nice callers with tons of features. I've had a FX3, Scorpion and Fury so far and they were all top shelf products. As Foxpro came out with new features I wanted I upgraded but I've yet to have a caller fail on me.

Her goes the old Chevy vs. ford debate. I like FOXPRO (Chevy) and thats my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL Good luck with whatever you buy.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 On the less ezpensive side the Flextone Echo would seen like a good choice for under $150 I believe.
Lioncaller is a sponser here and a pm to him could help in your decision. He owns Wildlife Callers and is very knowladgable on all of the above mentioned callers. He will help you with what you need.

Shayne

Good info I never thought Bill would sell out.

Congrats Lion Caller :)

Walleyes13,

Last year at this time I was in the market for a new e-caller also. I was using the Minaska Ultimate One, and was doing great with it, but wanted to try something different. I still have the Ultimate One and feel it is still a great caller. My decision at the time was between a Wildlife Tech MA-21 or Foxpro CS-24. I personally went with the MA-21 primarily because of the coyote vocals I could get with that unit and also for the unbelievable volume it puts out. You know how nasty our SD wind can get here, so I figured I may need that extra volume from time to time. The Foxpro CS-24 is no doubt an awesome caller and it certainly is still at the top of the list in my book. If I ever have some spare cash laying around that would be my next e-call purchase. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon, but I am very very satisfied with the MA-21 and it so far has proven itself on several occasions.

Where do you live? If you don't live to far from me, you could sure stop by and see what mine sounds like before making your decision. Shoot me a PM if that is something you would be interested in.

I have both FP and WT. The sounds on my WT are the better of the two, IMO. I've had several FPs, but only one WT. That should say enough about the WT.

WT comes programmed, no choice of sounds. I was going to order a WT and get all the calls I want,but you can't do that anymore so I might switch and get a CS-24..

Originally Posted By: lonewolfWT comes programmed, no choice of sounds.

Yes and no. The MA 21 now comes with 120 WT sounds. That's a lot of choices.

w00t.gif

Use the PM search engine and look up foxpro. There are lots of posts of problems ranging from remotes to batteries and everything in between. Although they have great customer service and always seem to get fixed I'd look at some of the other brands. I'd rather spend my time hunting over it than waiting for the unit to come back from the repair shop.

I think that is an unfair statment (about FoxPro)all callers break down at some time,I am a Wildlife Tech guy myself,but I do own a few FoxPro products.Both W.T. and FoxPro have great products and they both stand behind their products with great sevice and support.
smile.gif

Unfair how?? It's all over the forums and i did mention their customer service. And that's my opinion on the question the OP asked. Happens all the time on the firearms forums people loving or hating savages and Remington's browninga ect. No different here

Originally Posted By: BrownieUse the PM search engine and look up foxpro. There are lots of posts of problems ranging from remotes to batteries and everything in between. Although they have great customer service and always seem to get fixed I'd look at some of the other brands. I'd rather spend my time hunting over it than waiting for the unit to come back from the repair shop.

Search the internet and you will find problems with every product ever made. Including all electronic calls. Not just Fox Pro.

Brownie,

I have stated this many times in the past, but somehow it keeps getting brought up. Our actual return rates for calls is very, very low. I would bet that it is the lowest in the industry. We sell more units than any other company, so it's only natural to hear about more issues. Alot of the issues that you hear about are not an issue with the unit, but instead user error. In comparison to the other company in this thread, we sell a lot more units. At the same time, our units come with a better warranty, and excellent customer service, so for those that do have an issue, they can be assured that we will get it taken care of asap, with the highest regards to customer satisfaction.

As far as sounds, we have been releasing many new sounds over the years. Our dedication to our sound library is not rivaled by anyone. We are constantly working on bringing out new sounds to our customers. I would invite you to take another look at our sound library today and compare it to what it was just 5 years ago. We are not just happy with the same old library. Even if we think we have the best coyote vocals, or prey distress sounds, we will come out with more in an effort to always have new sounds to add to our users arsenal.

And if anyone wants to make a bet as to which units are the loudest and clearest, I'm all in.

All I ask is to be sure of what you are typing and be sure to reveal all of the facts. Your statements tend to make a person think that we have the most issues with our units, when in fact, just the opposite is true.

Thanks for your time.

Mike Dillon
FOXPRO Inc.

Well mike and reb If both of you look back at my first post it CLEARLY states that foxpro does have great customer service. Now as far as the rest well it's my personal opinion. Therefore I'm neither wrong nor right.

I have a foxpro cs-24 15 watt and i love it. The only thing i can say about it that i don't like is the wire from the battery pack to the unit seems like a weak point. Although that being said i have never had an issue and i know several with the same unit and they have had no issues, so it is just my least favorite part of a great caller. The sounds are also top knotch. I have called the company about products and they are all willng to work for your business. That says a lot about there service and the faith they have in there product..

I used to get suckered in to the dog pile on the rabbit (Foxpro) discussion, but like Mike said, when you consider how many units they sell every year and how many have problems that their customers service personnel can't take care of, it's very very few. They have a solid reputation for taking care of their customers. You just can't argue that. I know my next caller will be a Foxpro and I'll use it with my WT.

Back