Did you see the Marine fall out during the President's speech?

smallblockfuelie

There was a Marine in the color guard that fell out yesterday during the Presidents speech in France. Guess he had his knee's locked for too long. They carted him off and a sailor took his place holding the flag in the color guard. Bet he was fit to be tied because he fell out and was replaced by a SAILOR !

What's wrong with a sailor, smallblockfulie? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I spent 4 years in the Navy and am proud of it. Let's not forget, The Marine Corps is actually the Dept. of the Navy.

Nothing wrong, I am a retired sailor myself. I just know that Marine is never going to hear the end of it from his buds for getting replaced by a squid! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The Marines are a part of the Navy. All Marines know what the word Marine stands for, My Ass is Really Navy Equipment.

USMC = Uncle Sam's Misguided Children?

I do have to admit that the Marines I've seen do a really stellar job holding open doors at the Navy Bases. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

(LOL), Crapshoot, I haven't heard that one in a while. Yes, that is one of the all time favorite Acronym definitions that you will here enlisted sailors say.

They also say that sailors are squids- an animal swimming around in the sea sh***ing all over marine life!

Seriously though, I met some outstanding Marines while I was in the Navy. You got to give those guys some credit. Those folks are tasked with doing some pretty impossible things. Just look at some of the stuff they have done in this war. Bravery multiplied by 1000!!!

Huh, I'd always thought the Navy was part of the Marine Corps... they certainly didn't get first pick of the uni's... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I met a guy a few weeks ago through a mutual friend who is a former Marine (I'm Navy).

When I said the Marine Corps is in the Department of the Navy...

He said...."yeah, the men's department."

Back